Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My truck is now officially badass*

Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is now officially badass*

*pun intended

(this was posted on ttora but I know many of you don't go over there)

I know most mods here are aesthetics or performance, this one is offroading.

So today was the point of no return
Gave my truck a new ass for it's 10,000km (6250 miles) anniversary

First step, remove bumper..

Then, start the :saw: for the test cut...

Then do cuts about 1 inch lower than expected height... (no picture)

Then put the new bumper with 2x4s to space it out lower and be able to trace the cut lines exactly where they need to be..

Then do the final cut

And voilà!

Here is a video of a cut...
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Ya know honestly I am not a big fan of replacement rear bumpers, but dude, that looks sick! To cool....Great job I really like it.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well Done!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
is that a armor tech bumper from kevin?.... and ur dbl long bed looks huge
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
omg thats a rad truck. never thought about doing a rear bumper like that, but I think I would after seeing that!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great job
Old 09-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
Spootypuff is on a distinguished road
Spootypuff's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spootypuff
Great job! It looks awesome
Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! That Armortec looks sick. I'd love to do one on my truck, but thinking of cutting the bedsides makes me cringe!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
Lookin' good. Real good. Is that an All pro or armor tech bumper?
Armor Tech (fire931 on the forum)

allpro doesn't make a high clearance bumper, nor they offer any cut outs for the hi lift, or reverse lights.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
grammy is on a distinguished road
grammy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, what are you going to do with that tailpipe??
Old 09-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
grassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nice

grassflatsfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Nice use of a fork lift.

Bumper and gauges look jam up.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy View Post
Looks good, what are you going to do with that tailpipe??
we ran out of time, I will cut the pipe after the muffler, I think.

I also have shackle flip kit, so those huge and stupid stock shackle hangers will be out of there. I still have to wire lights on the trailer, and some touch ups on the paint (I color matched the bumper but it wasn't completely cured when doing the install)
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You have a nice truck man!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Great job! Great pics!
Hey sorry to the OP. but dude neslerrah you're truck is effing sick! I've been watching your truck since I first started posting on this site and it just kept getting better and better. and to the OP....I'm not usually a fan of the dbl cab lb but yours def. does look really sick.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
awesome looks great. Though... you could have probably sold the rear stock bumper for quiet a bit more if you didn't scratch it up using a fork lift :/

Still, very nice man!