Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got the leaf Spring TSB. Here are some pics !

Old 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Got the leaf Spring TSB. Here are some pics !

Hoooo Raaaaa !!!

Just got the Leaf Spring TSB done yesterday. Got it done from Faulkner toyota of Trevose, PA. No hassle, no BS, simply, " when can you bring your truck in as I already ordered the right parts for you per Toyota instructions?" Gotta love it !! No lugging 8, 40 lb sandbags from Home Depot, or getting on my knees and begging the dealership....

When I brought the truck in, the Service Writer had a "COLOR" version of the TSB printed out in one of those see-through work-ticket holder. She said she even highlighted the correct parts for my TRD 4x4 Sport so that there is NO screw up.

I am like, "WOW!!!" I brought in at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM same date, I got a call saying the truck is READY !!! INCREDIBLE !!! When I arrived to pick it up, she even showed me a work-slip showing the alignment work...

Needless to say, I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER !!!

Anyway, I thought I share some pics of what 4 leaf springs should look like. One pic shows the part number also. Since I am a graphic dummy when it comes posting pics. I uploaded the pics in the Tacoma Photo Gallery. Search for new Leaf spring TSB...

Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfactor View Post
Hoooo Raaaaa !!!

Just got the Leaf Spring TSB done yesterday. Got it done from Faulkner toyota of Trevose, PA. No hassle, no BS, simply, " when can you bring your truck in as I already ordered the right parts for you per Toyota instructions?" Gotta love it !! No lugging 8, 40 lb sandbags from Home Depot, or getting on my knees and begging the dealership....

When I brought the truck in, the Service Writer had a "COLOR" version of the TSB printed out in one of those see-through work-ticket holder. She said she even highlighted the correct parts for my TRD 4x4 Sport so that there is NO screw up.

I am like, "WOW!!!" I brought in at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM same date, I got a call saying the truck is READY !!! INCREDIBLE !!! When I arrived to pick it up, she even showed me a work-slip showing the alignment work...

Needless to say, I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER !!!

Anyway, I thought I share some pics of what 4 leaf springs should look like. One pic shows the part number also. Since I am a graphic dummy when it comes posting pics. I uploaded the pics in the Tacoma Photo Gallery. Search for new Leaf spring TSB...
Duh !!

Please click the little camera on the UPPER RIGHT Corner to view the pics. Sorry !
Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I intend to get mine done...my service rep is usually very cool so hopefully won't have to do much convincing. how is the ride with the new leaf springs?

khfactor's new leafs:
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
I intend to get mine done...my service rep is usually very cool so hopefully won't have to do much convincing. how is the ride with the new leaf springs?

khfactor's new leafs:
Hey, how did you get the picture imbeded with the post? Like I said I am not good with graphics and what not. I appreciate your help... Thanks...

You know, I deliberately drove over about 1/2 dz speed bumps just to check them out. I drove over slowly first and then little faster like 25 MPH. Compared to the original 3-leaf spring, the body felt more "SOLID" with no jittering affect. I even went on the bed and jumped up and down number of times to compare. Well, I have to say, my ride has definitely improved.

Although I do not intend on lugging around any sizable weight in the bed, even empty, it feels better than the original... It also raised the back by about 1-1/4" which I guess I can live with.....

I highly recommend getting it done. Do it via 1-800-Toyota customer service and you will not get any hassle. Have them contact the dealeship of your choice that you want to bring your truck to. This way the dealership will not have to look for the Factory authorization. It worked for me !!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Great shots Kh,and I know there has been a ton of discussion on this,but.....If my rear suspension looks just like this,with the 4 leaves,I do not need the TSB correct?Am I to understand that the TSB takes you from 3 to four leaves?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Great shots Kh,and I know there has been a ton of discussion on this,but.....If my rear suspension looks just like this,with the 4 leaves,I do not need the TSB correct?Am I to understand that the TSB takes you from 3 to four leaves?
you are correct. the canadian tacomas come equipped with the bilsteins and 4-leaf pak
Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Thanks Rick.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Remi is on a distinguished road

Remi's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great KHFactor, I'm considering having it done but am concern of how the rear will look lifted. Can you take some photos of the side of your truck?

BTW, I thought I read somewhere that a pair of Bilstein 5100s on the front will offset the rear lift. If so, which of the 5100 series is needed? Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Looks great KHFactor, I'm considering having it done but am concern of how the rear will look lifted. Can you take some photos of the side of your truck?

BTW, I thought I read somewhere that a pair of Bilstein 5100s on the front will offset the rear lift. If so, which of the 5100 series is needed? Thanks
Did not really noticed the difference. It did get additional 1-1/4" in the back and now that the "Yellow" Bilstein shock is readily visible (more prominent, that is) from the side. I drove around a bit when I got it back, and it definitely feels MORE "RIGID" and "SOLID" but the riding height, I could not tell. If Bilstein 5100 in the front will "LEVEL" out the height, maybe I will look into "LEVELING" but for now, it suits me fine.

You need to get this done if you have yet done so. Like I suggested before, call the 1-800-331-something Toyota Customer service line and get the Prep work thru there to avoid confronting the dealership and lugging in 400 lbs of sandbag from Home Depot.... Worked for me !!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
Trackmaster is on a distinguished road
Trackmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Just got mine done last Friday. It made the ride a little stiffer but will worth it. I love the way it rides now. And no more bottoming out.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Sqad14...My o7 Tacoma came with 4pak and Bilsteins, I'm in kentville Nova Scotia....
I guess these are subtle and not so subtle differences one would/should be aware of if they are thinking of importing a US vechicle to Canada!!
Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Hey pmo nice to see another Maritimer here.....Interesting that they would package the same model of truck differently.My folks just bought an '07 Lexus in Portland and it had to be inspected by an authorized import inspection garage before it could be registered.My understanding was that it was for waranty issues and circumstances like this.

Nice to meet you btw,welcome.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #14
benwehmann is on a distinguished road
benwehmann's Tacoma Gallery
What is TSB and why would should you have this done? I have a 2007 tacoma 4x4 and was wondering if this is something that would help my truck.
Ben
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwehmann View Post
What is TSB and why would should you have this done? I have a 2007 tacoma 4x4 and was wondering if this is something that would help my truck.
Ben
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin issued by the manufacturer. Scroll to the beginning of this tread and see the # of LEAF SPRINGS in the photo. If yours does not have 4 LEAVES, then you have the factory original. Depending on the year your truck and mileage shown on your ODO, it may or may not be covered under the free TSB work by Toyota.

Reason for the TSB ?? Many people are complaining about their truck bottoming out when it was only loaded to 300 to 400 lb.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
i haven't noticed anything yet. should i expect a problem on an 08
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra90140 View Post
i haven't noticed anything yet. should i expect a problem on an 08
Heck, the ODO on my 2007 truck still reads 825 miles and I got them done since I experienced the bed "bottoming" out with only limited weight (about 350 lb). Ride has improved as well as "handling" in my opinion.

GO for it. !!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
benwehmann is on a distinguished road
benwehmann's Tacoma Gallery
I took my 07 in and they said that they put weight in the bed of my truck and measured the ride height and it was within factory specs so it isn't covered. Even though I put about 300 lbs in the bed and bottom out on a dirt road. I'm in Arizona and took it to earnhardt toyota and they were really bad to work with, it took them over 6 hours to put some weight in the bed and measure the ride height, and that was even when I set an appointment. If you live in AZ i don't recomend them.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
My '08 only has 3 leaves. Would mine qualify for the TSB also? and stupid question but ... does it cost anything to have it done? I bottomed out without weight when I went over a deep drainage area of a parking lot leading to a drain.