Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'm having issues after my lift install

Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
RedskinRedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having issues after my lift install

I'm having issues after my lift was install. I had 4 of the 5100's and 2" blocks installed A week ago. The front shock are set up for 1 3/4" of lift. My local Toyota dealer lifted it for me. I haven't driven it much until last weekend. I am thinking something might be out of line. While driving down the road I can hear/feel a whine. When you take your foot off of the gas it goes away. Even though they said the did the front end alignment the tires are definitely toeing in. I am going to bring it back in this week, just looking for some ideas. Or if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks Paul
Attached Thumbnails
I'm having issues after my lift install-img00009-20090919-1452.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
is it an auto or manual? if its a manual it might be ur throw out bearing
Old 09-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
nope its automatic

its a automatic, and only has 19,000 miles. It has been perfect until now.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check around teh drive shaft, make sure no heat shielding is bent, and rubbing the drive shaft.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
have the tsb and 5100s at .85.
if your like me and notice everything about your truck, even the sounds, it may be just the the driveshafts/ tires are at a slightly different angle. so it may make a different sound. i really noticed it when i put on the bigger tires afterward. sound like im using more power to move the truck. i waited a few days to get the truck aligned after installing the 5100s, waited for the new tires. but it was much better after the alignment.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I may just be being anal. I am going to bring it back anyway. The mechanics lifted it for me under the table. They were going to switch my brake pads to ceramic too,, but advance auto sold me the wrong ones. So i have to bring it in anyway. And they need to check the alignment to. I can noticably see the wheels toeing in. Can these trucks be aligned by places like firestone after they've been lifted. I bought A lifetime alignment right after i bought the truck. Would hate for it to go to waste.

The gray Taco in the pic with mine is a brand new 2010 my brother just got 4 days ago. Sweet!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
I'm having issues after my lift install-twin-tacos-003.jpg   I'm having issues after my lift install-twin-tacos-005.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
mhann is on a distinguished road
mhann's Tacoma Gallery
5100 lift

I have mine set at .85 and the rear TSB with no problems.