1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trimming Wheel wells with 33's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheDuff, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Jan 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    TheDuff

TheDuff [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Lifted on 33's
    3" RevTek lift, 17" Chrome wheels, 285/70 BFG ALL TERRAIN, Blackout lamps, Navigation.
    i have an 08 with a 3 inch RevTek block lift and 33" BFG's. I trimmed up the wheel well as best as i could leaving about an inch of clearence in any direction the tire turns, but i still get that godawefull grinding noise when i go in reverse down steep inclines (my rediculously steep driveway). Any suggestions??

2. Jan 20, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    grinding? try backing into your driveway

3. Jan 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    trim a little extra up the wheel well.... remeber when you get it you add a little weight (i add a lot :( ) but that will lower your wheel well and cause it hit your tread....

4. Feb 29, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Sorry to stir up an old tread, but what exactly are we talking about when refering to trimming. I've been communicating with jhodge83, and it seems he and all give the same advice as to start trimming. Just wondering if those with experience can give a couple tips.

I think I over did it on tire size with only a 2.25" Ready lift. Most of you got 3" Rev Tech. I will switch if trimming dont work, but first need to know where to start.

MT 285/75/16's Mounted on DC-1 Blacks 16x8 w/4.03 back space (slight rubbing on sharp turns).

Thanks in advance for all the help...

5. Feb 29, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    in the photo, where the trimming arrow is, is tword the front of the truck.

one of the easiest ways to see where you need to trim is get someone else in the drivers seat and have them turn the wheel while you watch. this will give you an idea, but trim some extra, cuz when the tires are rolling the truck will roll a little more or less, and the more people in the truck and stuff in the bed, the lower it will sit......

hope this helps!!!

help1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top