1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New leather seat covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by crashband7, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Sep 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    crashband7

crashband7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    RI
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD
    I purchased new leather seat cover for my 09 trd double cab. The manufacturer says that you need to remove the factory cloth covers, to properly install the leather. Has anyone done this? Have any tips or is there a walk through anyone knows of? I have been searching and have not found any relavent posts.

Thanks

2. Sep 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    Funny I just did my leather install last week, if you're not familiar with a hog ring pliers or hog rings don't attempt this by yourself. I let my friend help me (he has some experience in upholstery), it took us one whole day and the hardest part was the armrests. PM me if you have questions. I bought my kit from Pecca.

3. Sep 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    Rollinn

Rollinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner sport
    Icon 2.5 c/o,TC uca, bhlm mod, nav, etc etc
    yes you have to remove the cloth first in order for the leather to be installed.. If you have never did anything of this sort, i would personall not attempt this.. I used to own a custom upholstery shop and seen how it was done and still would not attempt this.. I would take it to an upholstery guy and have him install.. To them it is extremely easy to be honest..You will need hog ring pliers, rings etc in order to do it..
    Shouldnt cost more than $300-$350 unless they are hurting then less.. Hope this helps

Products Discussed in

To Top