Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS Light, Slip Indicator light on

Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
ABS Light, Slip Indicator light on

'09 4 x4 access cab, 4 cyl, 5000 miles, My ABS and Slip Indicator lights come on simultaneously and stay on after I either make a bumpy right turn or drive over rough pavement, sometimes even at 5 mph. The lights don't go off until I shut the ignition off and restart. Any ideas why this happens. Call to dealer says the truck is sensing wheelspin. This is fairly calm normal driving on paved roads only , so I don't see it being wheelspin. I am thinking a steering angle sensor, roll sensor or yaw sensor (if we have such items) might be out of adjustment. All four ABS wires to wheels are connected. Do the sensors need to be cleaned? How is that done? Any other ideas?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '09 2wd base and it seems to take quite a bit for me to trigger either the ABS or the TC/VSC.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
I have an '09 2wd base and it seems to take quite a bit for me to trigger either the ABS or the TC/VSC.
I think yours is operating correctly. This morning I pulled away from a light at 3 mph and both lights came on. I hope a tech reads this and provides me with some insight.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
Seems like any movement, even small, that jiggles the truck in a certain way, triggers these two lights to come and stay on until I shut the key off. I am thinking either a bad sensor, a loose connection or a bad traction control brain.