1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

www.4wheelparts.com ... Are they serious?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zjolsen, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    zjolsen

zjolsen [OP] Go Huskers!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Omaha,NE
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD SPORT 4x4
    Pro dry S, Secondary filter removed, LaminX yellow fog light covers, Westin Step Bars
    Well... I do not think I will purchase anything from them in the future!

Back story, I bought my truck and wanted some step bars. So I went looking around and found the Westin Signature Series step bars and like them and went ahead and took advantage of the 20% off from 4wheelparts. Shipped that day and got it the item within 3 days.. awesome so far! The packaging was in good condition and did not look to have any damage.

I put the step bars on and didnt notice anything at first..I get them on and want to look at my handy work and a nice big dent on my drivers side bar. (Pics attached). I did not cause this as I am way to finiky. The bars literally were unwrapped in my living room and put on to the brackets..so I know it was not my mistake.

So I called 4wheelparts and the customer service rep Curt was very helpful saying take some pictures of the damage and we will see what we can do. He also offered a $25 Gift card at that time. Well I sent the pictures maybe 15 minutes after I got off the phone with him and just recieved a call back today with the verdict. They want me to pay a 15% restocking fee inorder to get a replacement bar and shipping is going to be ate by me. Does that seem fair to you? Yes I installed the bars for a wopping 2 days and drove maybe 50 miles on them. Yes I did not inspect the bars 100% right out of the box.. but should I be penalized for their defective equipment? They are still giving me the option of a $25 gift card..but I honestly do not want to do business with them nor give them any more to profit. I told Curt I would like to swap out the bars for a non damaged one and still going to receive a 15% restocking fee.. What are they going to restock, its a damaged product!!!!!

I just dont know what to do, because they have me by the balls.. I am almost tempted to do a charge back, but I do not know how that would work. I will give them step bars back if they give me a full return and pay for shipping.

Rant mode off.. Just really dissappointed in how they are handling this. He just left a message and I just dont know how I want to respond.

step bar 1.jpg
    step bar 2.jpg

2. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    tell them hell no, to keep the gift card and cover shipping. they will just sell the product as discounted since it has a dent in it, i doubt the would even send it back to the mfr. since its not technically "defective" its "damaged" tell them you are going to get the BBB involved , and threaten to do a chargeback on your CC. Also mention that there are NO marks on the Bar and if you had hit something or someone hit the bar then there would be evidence showing such as chipped paint etc.

3. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    Dispute the total charge with your credit card company, and order a new set from somewhere else. That's what I would do.

4. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 Guest

If you do a charge back, you will win. I work in the payment processing industry and chargebacks are 90% in the customers favor!

5. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    28ØØ3

28ØØ3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    boss
    somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend B
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB SR5 4WD
    VatoZone Especial
    4wheelparts is a bunch of crooks. tell them to send you a replacement or you will dispute the charges and they won't get a dime.

6. Sep 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    sorry for your misfortune man but this is why im very unsure about ordering stuff online. never know what your gonna get and your probably stuck witht the shipping costs

7. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    28ØØ3

28ØØ3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    boss
    somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend B
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB SR5 4WD
    VatoZone Especial
    fwiw, i have ordered some stuff from autoanything and they have been fantastic. free shipping on most stuff, excellent customer service, and they constantly have deals and coupon codes that make their prices damn near unbeatable.

8. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    Jordo

Jordo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lancaster PA
    Vehicle:
    05 Nissan Frontier CC
    I hear bad storys about them ALL THE TIME. Its like dealing with the devil. you always loose.

9. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    zjolsen

zjolsen [OP] Go Huskers!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Omaha,NE
    Vehicle:
    Pro dry S, Secondary filter removed, LaminX yellow fog light covers, Westin Step Bars
    I have thought about a charge back, but then I am pretty sure I would be stuck with the shipping charges back to them and things are long and about 60lbs total pkging weight.

10. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    sorry to hear about this bro...i would dispute it and definitely do a charge back....

I order from 4wheelparts.com all the time...I only had 1 instance where I order a hi-lift jack and mounted brackets for my truck...there is no 4wheelparts in hilo, hawaii but there is 1 on o'ahu...my dad just so happened to be on o'ahu so to save us $$$ he would pick it up and just throw it in luggage when flying back to hilo...when he was at 4wheelparts something told him to open up the hi-lift jack box...for some reason or another the jack was damaged...

4wheelparts ended up taking the fault on this 1...it was improperly packaged prior to shipping...so they ended up taking off $50 off the purchase...they also shipped the hi-lift jack directly to me in hilo and 4wheelparts payed the shipping...

good luck on this bro and keep us posted...

11. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    yea they screwed up a grille guard i bought through them (mainly the manufacturers fualt) but they also gave me $250 off SAW coilovers. they are cool over here. i go to the san jose one

12. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    dorkman

dorkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have no experience buying from them, but how do you know it didn't happen after you installed them? You drove for 50mi and had them on for 2 days, did you park anywhere? Not sure how thin those tubes are, but could be parking lot damage perhaps?

Just saying, it looks like a big enough dent that I would have noticed it during the install.

13. Sep 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    zjolsen

zjolsen [OP] Go Huskers!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Omaha,NE
    Vehicle:
    I noticed right after everything was all buttoned up. So no driving.. just install.

14. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Do a chargeback, drop off the bars at a local 4WP store, get a receipt or something signed, and call corporate and let them know you dropped it off.

15. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

X2! Don't pay for their screw up! They should be the ones giving you some money back for selling you a defected product.

16. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    ignore my last post, there aren't any stores in NE.

17. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    4wp has always been poor in service and value. They sold me u-bolts one time which they guaranteed would fit with my new leaf pack. It didnt. They charged me a 15% restocking fee. Basically, I gave 4wp $5 for doing nothing but waste my time and gas. FUCK THEM. There should be a sticky on all toyota forums telling members not to go to them.

18. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Well, I hope everything works out okay. I learned a long time ago that if I have any work done or purchase anything I thoroughly check everything out before anything. This especially goes for tire shops and online orders.

19. Sep 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Products Discussed in

To Top