1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

In the market for a truck soon.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gizzygone, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Oct 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    ryanf

ryanf Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4X4 6cly/6spd TRD-OR
    Rain Visors,
    I had a wrangler and miss it, I also just got rid of my F350 6.0L Disele and my 3/4 Dodge dielse both 8 ft beds, ive ownder 1/2 tons as well.

I am a tradesman. I do Property Management, and lots of GC work, and I do like the tacoma. I mean. I miss the 8ft bed, and the wider bed on some days, I REALLY REALLY do. But for the most part on days i need huge amounts of material, i will bring a trailer ( which i like more because ill pull up to a site and just leave it there ). I have airbags in the rear end of my tacoma, so i can easily dump 2500 lbs of tile back there.

The 6cly has plenty of power for what i am doing, DOnt get me wrong, my F350 would haul a 3 car carrier down the highway loaded at 90mph and still get 15 MPG. But i don't do that that often and the money it costs to run that trcuk its not worth it.

As for the 1/2 ton trucks unless you plan on keeping them until your kids can drive it, they are a waste. You loose A LOT on them and they don't hold their value. That's why I ALWAYS went with a 3/4 or 1 ton, they hold their value much better.

I have an 06 AC with a 6 speed. Its great in the snow, great on gas ( I avg 17-19) and thats a pretty even mix.

I have a tool box that holds pretty much anything i could need on a daily basis. and I have a car seat in the back ( albeit its mostly just me )

Plus the tacoma will be worth much much more in 5 years. I was looking at tacomas when i bought mine, i found 02 tacomas with 115K miles goinf for the same as an 04 F150 with 60K

They will run much longer and will hold their value a lot better

This is just my opinion, and what i do with it.....

Products Discussed in

To Top