Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any Pics of unusual mods or DIY

Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Any Pics of unusual mods or DIY

ok, would like to see something different today.

I have already painted my stock rims and have them on the truck already. So yesterday i finally painted the center caps and today i painted the the toyota emblem in the center of the cap red. I know , I know, i have no pictures yet, letting them dry overnight. its not that unusual , but different. So how about some pics of unusual / weard stuff. May-be we'll have some laughs?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery

NOTHING !!!!! Come on!

how about a how to remove your rear drum DIY

Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
MSteinhauer is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
MSteinhauer's Tacoma Gallery
This was my mod of the day. Not one that I wanted to do today but the F%$&ing deer jumped out from in front of the car next to me and I couldn't see it until it was too late.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Pics of unusual mods or DIY-img_0492.jpg  
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSteinhauer View Post
This was my mod of the day. Not one that I wanted to do today but the F%$&ing deer jumped out from in front of the car next to me and I couldn't see it until it was too late.
thats horrible! sorry to see that bud
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
Firefighter:
It happened when I was 4 miles into my 100 mile trip home.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
^ sorry that sucks. Here is mine i painted the top part of the licence plate lights so it wont shine all on the tailgate lol.

And i painted the Toyota emblem in my hub caps black.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
thats why i have the bull bar. had a push bar on my last truck, and hit a deer square in the front , then ran it over. instant death for the deer, my trucks left fender got dented alittle. but if it wasnt for the push bar, it probably would of looked worse than yours. still sorry to hear about your luck. up here in western NY it happens all the time.

the cap looks good, will see how mine hold up tomarrow
Old 09-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
thats why i have the bull bar. had a push bar on my last truck, and hit a deer square in the front , then ran it over. instant death for the deer, my trucks left fender got dented alittle. but if it wasnt for the push bar, it probably would of looked worse than yours. still sorry to hear about your luck. up here in western NY it happens all the time
looks to me like the deer hit the corner, a bull bar would have done nothing for that. The bull bar will only protect the very middle...
Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
you just need to improve your driving skills - hahaha
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Firefighter:
I think it hurt my confidence in my driving more than anything else. Ya the truck is banged up but our trucks are so tough that even with a big bruise like that it can still survive a 100 mile trip home at highway speeds. Scangauge didn't throw any codes and with the exception of one headlight not working I couldn't tell a difference in the way it drove. Most importantly nobody was hurt. Sorry Skistoy for hijacking your thread.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think it hurt my confidence in my driving more than anything else. Ya the truck is banged up but our trucks are so tough that even with a big bruise like that it can still survive a 100 mile trip home at highway speeds. Scangauge didn't throw any codes and with the exception of one headlight not working I couldn't tell a difference in the way it drove. Most importantly nobody was hurt. Sorry Skistoy for hijacking your thread.
That sucks, but at least you and the taco are okay. ( poor deer )
Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NOTHING !!!!! Come on!

how about a how to remove your rear drum DIY

I just kept beating it with a hammer and spraying brake cleaner into it till it freed up and fell off
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #15
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I have what I call my "nightrider" mod. LEDs in my hood scoop connected to a strobe controller in my cab.

Here is a pic of the making of the "mod" I guess we'll call it a mod.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
The center caps of these wheels are machined aluminum discs These have X-R (X-Runner) engraved and painted RR.

Painted the TRD on the exhaust to match truck.

Custom plexiglas cover for TRD CAI intake.

Note added tube to take air from grille.

Custom cover for fuse box.

Cut down shifter with custom X-R shift knob.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
coupe - wow!

untamed - love the nightrider hood scoop, must freak some people out
Old 09-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
untamed - love the nightrider hood scoop, must freak some people out
Haha. Well, I have never turned it on running down the road... But I bet some people would do a double take.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
who's next!