1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Luv my new Taco!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crow, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    Crow

Crow [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Jersey but headed North!
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey V6 4X4 Extra Sport Pkg
    Hello Taco Nuts!

I've had my new Taco for a couple of weeks now and have been lurking around here, learning and reading a ton. I got my 2010 double cab Sport Taco on the last day of cash for clunkers. Traded in a 2002 Land Rover Discovery II. Love, hate relationship there. My wife uses it mostly for her business and I've been hauling firewood and anything else that will fit on my 5x10 utility trailer. We chose the Taco cause it qualified for the $4500 rebate, Toyota's rep. and the fact that it should tow the 2 horse trailer with no problems.

Been reading about the TSB for the rear suspension and think it will be something that I will need to do because of the towing. Went to the dealer and asked the service rep if they had done many. Either he was not talking much, or I knew way more about it because of this forum than he did. He basically said that I would need to document the problem and that my VIN number would have to be included in the TSB for them to fix it. I have springs that end in K. Are these upgraded?

Would also like to say thanks to all for all the great info and lookin' forward to lots of fun ahead!

Steve

2. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Gratz on the new taco, welcome to tw! :)

3. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Welcome! You'll gave a lot of fun here!

4. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    once you go taco, you never go back!

5. Sep 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    Crow

Crow [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Jersey but headed North!
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey V6 4X4 Extra Sport Pkg
    High Bridge/Clinton area. Use to have an 78'FJ40 and love that to death! One day I'll get another one of those. Probably need to get a job first though:D

Products Discussed in

To Top