Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2007 TRD Off road Owners

Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
2007 TRD Off road Owners (Never Mind Bought a 2010)

Hey for those that own the 2007 TRD Off Road, any major issues? I have a 2009 TRD Off Road access cab and the access cab just ain't cuttin it..So There is a dealer here who has a 2007 DC TRD Off Road that may do me a really good deal. My 2009 has 15K on the OD and the 2007 has 40K on the OD..All other things on the 2007 are the same as my 2009 except the 2007 has JBL sound and the DC...

What are you guys thoughts... I bought the 2009 used with 12K on it and really like it but need the DC for the family... So are there any major differences between the 2007 and the 2009 I should know about?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i love mine get it and beat the hell out of it
Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Well it depends...some things that are standard on the '09 Offroad were options or didn't exist on the '07.

It won't have the A-LSD, won't have A-TRAC. Most of the safety stuff was options then, like the side airbags and such.

No back up camera...then some minor cosmetic differences. Lights, different looking radio, grille...etc.

There there are little things around here and there that are different on the '09s...it had a mid generation overhaul of sorts.

All of it is just icing on the cake type stuff though.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

SubZombie, thansk for pointing that out, it gives me barter power with the dealer. The backup camera is cool and all that but I never use it, for me it's to wierd not to trust my good old head and eyes to look around...
Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Slowpokeologist
AZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
AZFizik's Tacoma Gallery
My Prerunner TRD Off Road has taken its share of hairy situations and hasn't let me down. The engine is great, the suspension keeps things civil, and the stereo is probably the best stock (JBL) system I've heard outside cars that cost 4 times what out trucks do.

Hell, if I didn't trust it, I'd have never tried 60 in a dry wash out in the desert.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
SubZombie, thansk for pointing that out, it gives me barter power with the dealer. The backup camera is cool and all that but I never use it, for me it's to wierd not to trust my good old head and eyes to look around...

I don't really use it to back up either cause the wide angle makes it hard to really know where you are (could be that I still haven't gotten used to it), but it's nice to be sure there is nothing back there you can't see cause you don't have a big rear window with the head rests in the DC.

Def. not a necessity but good to have if it's there.

I will say when it has been a gigantic help is when backing up to a trailer which I do pretty often on the farm, if not for that I probably wouldn't miss it.

Ofcourse its something thats easy to add yourself, aftermarket.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 07 TRD Offroad and am very happy with it. I've got 12,000 miles on it with and no issues so far. I had a aal installed with a lift right after I got it, so the bottoming out has never been a problem and never experienced any vibrations or any of the other problems I've read about. I got the automatic, and the shifting is absolutely flawless...heck, your not going to believe this but the radio even works!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 07 trd Off road and I beat mine like it owes me money. Love it glad I bought it.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #9

well the 07 is out and we are looking at maybe an 2010, they gave me a good price on the 2009 but the 2007 with 40K was just to much mileage and going from my 09 with 15K felt like I was going to far backward...
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 07 off road. It has 50k. not 1 prob.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #11

going to look at an 2010 tonight

Edit...

Bought a Magnetic Grey Metallic 2010 TRD Sport tonight, they had no TRD Off Roads anywhere and I really don't need the Diff Lock, So I went with the Crew Cab Sport...

Love it, my wife almost had me talked into a RAV4 instead, but she sadi it was my decision...so we got a new Taco...

No pics because it is dark out...