Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

headlights? which ones to buy

Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
Name: Aaron
toyotacoinwa's Tacoma Gallery
headlights? which ones to buy

so i have a white double cab tacoma and i have the panda theme going on but i hate the stock clear headlights. i am looking for new ones off ebay but they have so many. halos, leds... what are bhlms? and if anyone has some used ones for sale in good condition let me know and send me a link to the headlights on ebay.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM is black headlight mod. There are different post all over TW. Do a quick search and you will get different threads about this. There are some great write-ups, I am not on my own computer, so I have no bookmarks to help you. Post a picture of your truck.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
i will have my BHLM'd headlights for sale here pretty quick, pm me if interested...
Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Don't like the halo's myself. I'd go with the BHLM myself.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Your best, and cheapest bet, would be to do the BHLM. Havemt done mine yet but plan to do so in the near future. Looks pretty simple and should only cost a few bucks for the paint. Just do a search on here.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
i am planning to do the bhlm but i am doubleminded.. if anyone has done it, how hard was it? and is there a possibilty of screwing the headlights up? i have seen the bhlm mod post but it doesnt have pictures so i am not sure but it looks sikkkkkkk!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
the fresh prince
Old 09-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Armkb is on a distinguished road
Armkb's Tacoma Gallery
Be carefull where you by your headlights on E-Bay. I purchased a set of blacked out lights and now both have condensation issues. Im thinking of buying elsewhere and returning the leakers for a refund.
Was in the process of getting the passenger side replaced. They required a $50 deposit to exchange the defective one. Sent the money by Paypal and never received it...and now I noticed the driver side is full of moisture. Bought mine from Keon Performance(Lokatech) on Ebay. Hard to deal with on the phone...cant understand their language. Frustrating!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
i will have my BHLM'd headlights for sale here pretty quick, pm me if interested...
Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
NorCal
CyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to all

CyberTron's Tacoma Gallery
Do the Black Headlight Mod it really looks nice on the white Tacomas. There should be a diy BHLM on here somewhere Its looks pretty simple to do.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotacoinwa View Post
so i have a white double cab tacoma and i have the panda theme going on but i hate the stock clear headlights. i am looking for new ones off ebay but they have so many. halos, leds... what are bhlms? and if anyone has some used ones for sale in good condition let me know and send me a link to the headlights on ebay.
my name is panda jerk
Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
8K HID Projectors with Halos from Luminous Solutions...FTMFW!!!... + my headlights aren't the normal BHLM...they are BSP HLM...

I can get you pics of the cut off line and intensity of beam...just gotta ask its dark here in vegas...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
I did the BHLM and although I love the way it looks, I'd caution anyone considering this to be pretty ginger with taking the bulb out. I broke the clip off where the pin is and I've issues blinding people because I can't get them to adjust right now. It's a pretty easy mod, just be careful with the bulb. I'm sure everyone here is more technically inclined than I am though.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
I did the BHLM and although I love the way it looks, I'd caution anyone considering this to be pretty ginger with taking the bulb out. I broke the clip off where the pin is and I've issues blinding people because I can't get them to adjust right now. It's a pretty easy mod, just be careful with the bulb. I'm sure everyone here is more technically inclined than I am though.
You're the first one we have ever heard about this happening.

Completely blacked out:

Stock headlights black:

Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Probably cuz I'm a noob lol