Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what type of spark plugs do you suggest

Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery

Does Pre-runner mean first to avoid mud?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
The factory Densos are cheap and what were in there. If you don't want to get those then get NGK...more expensive and not really any benefit.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
The factory Densos are cheap and what were in there. If you don't want to get those then get NGK...more expensive and not really any benefit.
is there any spark plug that i will see any benefit from?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
Maxola89 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Maxola89's Tacoma Gallery
i'd go with the denso they keep there gap much longer than others
Old 09-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxola89 View Post
i'd go with the denso they keep there gap much longer than others
X2.

OP, Use the OEM Denso plugs. The part number is in my write up.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
get fac densos from the dealer and ask for a "goodguy discount" It works most the time if u dont know people.

Dont forget to gap them regardless of what brand even if u get the "they are pregapped" speach. It only takes a minute to do it, and its much easier than taking it all apart again to GAP them after installing.
thankya wolfpack.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
thanks chris probly will do. is their anywhere else than the stealership to buy from?
I havent checked around. Like Wolfpack said, tell them to give you the "Good guy" discount. They shouldnt be more than $3.00 or $4.00 each.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest John, mine isnt for 4 wheeling. Just hunt hike n snow. I avoid "mudding" . Gotta drive it to work too.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
To be honest John, mine isnt for 4 wheeling. Just hunt hike n snow. I avoid "mudding" . Gotta drive it to work too.
true i just mud every once and a while went to ocala once had fun got stuck once. mine jus looks purdy. lol. but im stuffing 285/70/17's. ok now back on topic
Old 09-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
oh ok that aint to bad. but you dont know of any that will give you more of a benefit than sticking with the factory ones chris?
I have tested quite a few plugs, and the best results have been had with the OEM plugs.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

Or if ur in school, ask for a starving student discount.......It works man, just be polite about whatever u ask for and BS with the counter guy. Hes stuck behind a counter because he is at work, not because he is bored. U never know, he may have just dealt with some a hole at the counter or on the phone before u and just having a little courtesy and treating them like human beings goes a long way.
alright. i am in school so that just might work. lol
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #19
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting close to plug time also. Aren't there some 100K mile plugs? That would be a benefit, although I am sure they probably cost lots more.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
I am getting close to plug time also. Aren't there some 100K mile plugs? That would be a benefit, although I am sure they probably cost lots more.
idk i do know that the GMC trucks are 100,000 miles. atleast thats what my stepdad says