1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Apple - iPod USA-SPEC PA12-TOY ISSUE!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RobPaul, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Jan 24, 2008 at 9:47 PM
    RobPaul

RobPaul [OP] Choose Goodness. Have Discretion.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    Apple really screwed up! :mad:

Just to inform everyone, my 2 month old USA Spec PA12-TOY was just "disembowled" by the last software upgrade to my iPod Nano (5th Gen) last week!

I installed it in my 2008 Tacoma and it worked great in Hybrid mode so I could move from direct control from the iPod itself to the radio head unit. Life was great!

Then about a week ago Apple released version 1.1 of the iPod nano "upgrade' and iTunes it installed over the version 1.03 that was in there before...then life went to shit!

Now the hybrid mode is totally disabled and I can't really control my iPod when it is in the Tacoma! I can listen to random songs - but have no direct control because I don't have the time nor patience to create playlists...

I called USA SPEC Techinal Support and a gentleman took my call, looked into my complaint and after 2 days, called me back (long distance!) to tell me that, in fact, the upgrade to 1.1, would disable the Hybrid mode! He apologized but said that Apple did it - and that USA Spec could not fix it!

So, lets all write Apple and give them a piece of our mind!

Rob

2. Jan 25, 2008 at 6:43 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Can't you go back to the version of software before you upgraded? Apple should let you downgrade back to the original version. You should just run that.

3. Jan 25, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    RobPaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    That's my plan! I am dropping by an Apple store on my way home tonight to ask the Genius Bar guys to do it for me. That way I post my "complaint" of some nature.

Rob

4. Jan 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Great. I haven't plugged in my Ipod to Itunes for a month. Won't the Ipod go ape sh#t after a while if you don't do the update? So that means either my USA spec is screwed or my Ipod.

5. Jan 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    RobPaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    Damned Apple! They "refuse" to backgrade the SW. Arrogance will get them. I will have to do it myself I guess. Searching Google next step.

Rob

6. Jan 26, 2008 at 11:28 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You shouldn't have any problems. My nano goes a year or longer without plugging into itunes. My nano lives in my truck. I saw this thread and decided to plug it in and update everything and update my song list. Everything worked good so far and I'm still adding tunes to it.

I'm just hoping my ipod2car doesn't have the same problems or else you'll see ME go ape sh#t! :D

7. Jan 27, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen, apple was founded on arrogance and has always been their business philosophy, don't expect them to change anytime soon. People keep buying their shit.

Products Discussed in

To Top