Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Connect Sirius to factory 06 Tacoma radio?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
rohaskins is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
rohaskins's Tacoma Gallery
Connect Sirius to factory 06 Tacoma radio?

Thinking about conneting a TOY-SC1 adapter and tuner to my 06 tacoma. I have a regular sirius radio but want to get the wires out of the inside of my truck. I looked at the tech specs for the TOY-SC1 and it doesnt include the Tacoma as a Toyota vehicle that is compatible with the hardware. I know other people who have connected but not sure if there tacomas are newer models. My tacoma does not have a "SAT" or "AM/SAT" button so maybe it wont work in my truck. Anyone have any insight or installed Sirius into their 06 tacoma? thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
New Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Fred
New Mexico Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sirius to radio.

I did mine awhile back. Not a problem. purchace an adpter for the radio input from Sirius. directions are easy to follow. Hardest part is getting to the input. The is a write up on how to get to it on the TW website.