Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Those that have wet okole heated seats?

Old 10-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
collinkp will become famous soon enoughcollinkp will become famous soon enough
collinkp's Tacoma Gallery
Those that have wet okole heated seats?

Does anyone have the heated seats for wet okole covers and do they work? Are they just plugged into the cigarrete lighter outlet? I found people on here that had other heated seats but not wet okole any info would be appreciated. The SR5 has standard seats when ordering correct? not bucket seats? Thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
That's a big ol' bump.

Looking for the same feedback on how effective and worthwhile Wet Okole's seat heaters are. Should be easy enough to hard-wire to switched 12v.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
I hope someone knows too.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Nobody has them?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
I had them in most cars I owned before now but never really used them. My GF's did, but not me- do you guys ever actually use them?

F it i'm in it would be cool-
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think Janster has them with a seat heater.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwaterski View Post
I had them in most cars I owned before now but never really used them. My GF's did, but not me- do you guys ever actually use them?

F it i'm in it would be cool-
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think Janster has them with a seat heater.
Janster (or anyone else) - Are they good? Do they affect the look of the Wet O's? Would you buy 'em again?

TIA

I have 'em in 2 other cars and I love em! Especially on the way to or from gym, skiing, mountain biking... ... taking the dog at the vet, running to 7-11 for coffee... ... going to the proctologist. Now wait a minute! I've never been to a proctologist!

I just hope that the long term use doesn't increase risk of cancer!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I missed this one ......

I have a drivers seat heater that was installed underneath the OEM fabric.
http://www.lieblweb.com/TechLinks/He...Heatedseat.htm
They have lo & high settings, 2 year warrantee, 12v w/ fuse
I have clothe (RuffTuff) seat covers.

I've never heard of the Wet Okale making covers with heaters in them, so I had to check it out.
http://www.wetokole.com/Seat_Heaters.html

I can't offer feedback on it but that's a really neat idea as long as it works well (warm enough) & is reliable. If you can't find any feedback information here or online (www.google.com), then I'd definately ask Wet Okale about the 'warrantee' of the product. And maybe ask about installation information & ask how hot do they get? Are they integrated with the seat covers and/or can they be added to a set of Wet Okales you already have?

I'd hate to see you buy them and they don't get hot enough for what you're looking for....hard to measure 'heat' in terms of seat covers or elements.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
I guess I'll be the guinea pig and just order them then let you'll know how they work.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinkp View Post
I guess I'll be the guinea pig and just order them then let you'll know how they work.
Get pictures also...

I'm curious to see if they're actually part of the seat cover itself or if its just a heating element (similar to what I installed) that you plop on your seat before putting the wet okales on.

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know why you would even need one. With the wo's being waterproof there is no ventilation for your back. Just sitting in the wo for more than a min or so your back gets warm anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
I don't know why you would even need one. With the wo's being waterproof there is no ventilation for your back. Just sitting in the wo for more than a min or so your back gets warm anyway.
Ouch! Anyone with Wet O's care to comment? They look great!- for what that's worth.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Obviously you don't live someplace where 20 below zero is a common winter experience. Often I have to drive to work with a blanket on my legs, because even though Tacoma's are known for their heat output, it takes forever to warm up a cab when it's that cold out.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't care what material its made of.... neoprene or not.... seat heaters are a nice toasty way to start your day going to work (takes the chill off). Not so much for your 'back' (since you're wearing a coat), but more for your butt & legs since they are more exposed.

I'm always cold.....thin blooded or something like that.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't care what material its made of.... neoprene or not.... seat heaters are a nice toasty way to start your day going to work (takes the chill off). Not so much for your 'back' (since you're wearing a coat), but more for your butt & legs since they are more exposed.

I'm always cold.....thin blooded or something like that.
I don't live in WI or PA and I still love em! Now I want em in my taco!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I thought I'd never use them to... then I got a G35 with heated seats.... it's nice. I debated about it with the tacoma but I couldn't validate it in AZ. From what I can tell, it looks like they just sit on the seats and you plug them in. I thought about doing a hardwire/switch as well. GL if you do try them, curious myself.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I thought I'd never use them to... then I got a G35 with heated seats.... it's nice. I debated about it with the tacoma but I couldn't validate it in AZ. From what I can tell, it looks like they just sit on the seats and you plug them in. I thought about doing a hardwire/switch as well. GL if you do try them, curious myself.
If you have friends like I do, you will feel your ass burning (more than usual) on 117° days!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
If you have friends like I do, you will feel your ass burning (more than usual) on 117° days!
I was pretty quick to figure it out :P Usually it was me turning it on
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Once you have heated seats you can never go back.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #20
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aww1970 View Post
Once you have heated seats you can never go back.
You can... and I have :/

However, now that I've had a taste of cooled seats from my buddies M35....