Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HVAC Vents T-SB-0072-09 2/26/09

Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
TacoMOnster07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TacoMOnster07
HVAC Vents T-SB-0072-09 2/26/09

Did a quick search and not sure if this TSB has been discussed. My Tacoma was made in 07 and falls within there VIN and year. Mostly happening in winter my tacoma's heat would fail on me. The blower would work fine as you can hear it running, but heat was very very little or not present. If you have this this tsb is for you.

If this has been discussed my bad, but imagine driving in winter with no heat and no way to help clear windshield with heat from the vents.

This is the short summery of the TSB, If you need more details I'll do my best to answer them.

T-SB-0072-09
Decreased Air Volume from HVAC Vents

Some customers may experience decreased air volume from HVAC vents when the temperature is set to maximum heat.

Years 2007-2009

Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Applicable Warranty
This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This Warranty is in effect for 36 months of 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in service date.

I have now put 41,000+miles on my 07 tacoma. I am going to call Toyota directly and see if they will warranty me anyway. I don't see why if a part fails because it is defective in my 07, just because I am out of warranty they won't honor the fix. I did take it in before when it was in warranty but of course my hot air worked and I just hope it's documented because I did not get any paperwork.

"I lost the paper with the VIN numbers included, I'll find them monday if someone doesn't already know them and can add them."

Seems like they replace part number 87287-04040 Damper, Heater Air

Description, R&R Heater Air Damper Door

It's a whopping 4.7 hour job.

If you would like the TSB in full and the repair instructions please PM me and hopefully monday I'll get a better looking copy.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I pretty sure this has been discussed before.
See attached for the bulletin,

Shawn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0072-09.pdf (6.42 MB, 2072 views)
Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
Funny how all the time I spend on Tacomaworld that I missed that TSB. Wish I knew sooner cause I'm out of warranty now.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
interesting tsb...i never knew about it before
Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
I remember answering a post maybe on a different tacoma forum with someone that was having the same problems as me. At the time no tsb was out. It's really a problem for me in the winter and that it happens sporadically. If they don't warranty it, first i'm going to see how much the part is, do it myself, or maybe take it down and see what I can do, I think maybe the door is expanding just a little when it's cold and preventing it from opening. This is just guessing without reading the repair yet in detail, as I just got it from school.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
And thank you for posting the adobe file very helpful. Seems like the school printer had a little trouble with 17 pages.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
I have not heard of this either. Thank you for posting and thanks shawnd2 for the PDF of the TSB!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm...haven't heard of that either. Of course, I'll never notice in SC but good to know.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
So as long as my last 6 digits of the VIN are higher than the numbers shown on the TSB, I should be good?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #11
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railwayrog View Post
How do I find the trucks in service date? I bought it used.
I called my local Toyota dealer and gave them my VIN. Then they told me my in service date.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:40 AM   #12
bobkosicki is on a distinguished road
bobkosicki's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Taco & Shawn. The info really helped. It's too cold outside to do anything else, I guess I'm in the garage today. I will post back the results when I finish.

Bob
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakVA View Post
I have not heard of this either. Thank you for posting and thanks shawnd2 for the PDF of the TSB!
Thanks also..
It got cold a couple of weeks back (right it did dip down to maybe 45 )
I was wondering way I got a lot of air from the upper vents and little from the floor vents, even though the selector was set to floor vents only.
Now I know.

Yuma Taco,
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #14
jackmharrill is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd Airborne, etc.
Name: Jack
jackmharrill's Tacoma Gallery
Go Figure

Hi, Thanks for the input. It figures that the part would be the one that is the deepest one in the truck. As this began I did hear what I thought was a damper slamming one way or the other when I turned on the air. As good as this truck is, this is just not good when you live where we do. After reading a good bit and reviewing the TSB I will have to think quite a while before putting a grand on the table at the stealership. Our 2007 is a 4 door base and is a nice truck. Just not fond of having to stay bundled up when driving. I have about 113K on this so pretty sure the warranty period is gone. Thanks for all the input and particularly the TSB. I did not even know there was such a thing. Nice to know there are smart folks out there who can help. Jack