Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seat covers for 07 TRD with side airbags

Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
jdman_42261 is on a distinguished road
jdman_42261's Tacoma Gallery
Seat covers for 07 TRD with side airbags

Does anybody know if you can get seat covers that will fit these seats and the airbags still work properly? It seems like everything I read on seat covers warns not to put them on the models with side airbags...
Old 01-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Coverking.com also, but they will run about the same, except there are more choices.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 AM   #4
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdman_42261 View Post
Does anybody know if you can get seat covers that will fit these seats and the airbags still work properly? It seems like everything I read on seat covers warns not to put them on the models with side airbags...
Do the 07 TRDs have seat airbags? Mine is 07 TRD Sport which I bought two months ago and they do not have seat airbags. What TRDs (Off road or Sport) come with seat airbags?

I bought the Dealer furnished variety seat covers (Black and grey and have TRD embrodered) from Toyota dealer for around $150 but there were NO mention of anything on SEAT AIRBAGS.... What gives???
Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD (sport) seat covers really are awesome, but I don't think they are compatible with side airbags. Seems like I read the same thing on the Okole site as well.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
VIPER131 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AZ ANG
VIPER131's Tacoma Gallery
RE: Seat Airbag Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfactor View Post
Do the 07 TRDs have seat airbags? Mine is 07 TRD Sport which I bought two months ago and they do not have seat airbags. What TRDs (Off road or Sport) come with seat airbags?

I bought the Dealer furnished variety seat covers (Black and grey and have TRD embrodered) from Toyota dealer for around $150 but there were NO mention of anything on SEAT AIRBAGS.... What gives???

Seat Airbags are available for those trucks that has the Side Curtain Airbag option in the truck. The option is approx $600 -- my truck has this option. If you do not have this option - then there is no problem. If you have this option -- then only purchase seat airbag compatible seat covers.

I had purchased sheepskins for my truck -- and then found out on this website that the sheepskins need to modified for seat airbags. Needless to say I had to return those sheepskins.

I am now in the process of looking for seat airbag seat covers -- haven't decided on which ones yet: Wet Okeles, Coverking, or sheepskins.

Very Respectfully,

VIPER131
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
I never knew the Seat Airbags were options on TRD Sport 4x4's......

The sales-woman never explained to me that such options were indeed available....

Is this "Seat Airbag" a regional option items???? Who all got this Seat Airbag option on their TRDs ??
Old 11-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP. So what's the verdict? Does anyone have any pics of their "seat air-bag compatible" seat covers?

I got got a set of those sweet neoprene/rubberized TRD seat covers only to find that they are not compatible with seat deployed airbags...#*&#!... I have no idea why I ever listen to salesmen... "of course they'll work, they say TRD on them"...
Old 11-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Wet-Okole makes a seat cover that works with the in seat airbag.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
Guyota is on a distinguished road
Guyota's Tacoma Gallery
Air Bage Seat Covers

I have been checking around to be seat air bag compatible the seat cover has to have special side panel with stitching that allows the bag to inflat. I have checked with Toyota and in AZ anyway they say the TRD logo seat cover compatible with the air bag on my 2010 Taco is not available. Anyone know of a source let me know, close to AZ would be awesome.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Wet Okole covers. There is a group buy going on now that ends on the 13th.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
Master Technician
1badhd is on a distinguished road
Name: 1badhd
1badhd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of front TRD seat covers black/silver with the headrest covers for sale if anyone is interested. $100 plus shipping!!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badhd View Post
I have a set of front TRD seat covers black/silver with the headrest covers for sale if anyone is interested. $100 plus shipping!!
send me some pics, interested
Old 03-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Master Technician
1badhd is on a distinguished road
Name: 1badhd
1badhd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
send me some pics, interested
Going out to dinner but will take some pics and post them.They wont fit my 2011 so they are not installed . They are used but in good shape.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD ones in the front. My dealership price matched from TRD parts I got them for less than $200.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #16
Guyota is on a distinguished road
Guyota's Tacoma Gallery
thanks I'm in

[QUOTE=whippersnapper02;2832371]Wet Okole covers. There is a group buy going on now that ends on the 13th.

this is just what I was looking for, just signed up
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Is the inside color of these seat covers "light gray" or "charcoal" according to the wet okole site? hard to determine in the pic. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Wet Okole covers. There is a group buy going on now that ends on the 13th.