1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Security System Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BUZZ5, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Oct 3, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    I originally posted this om TN, but got no response.
    I have the Toyota Upgrade Security System & lately it has been activating randomly for no reason, at all times of day & night. I thought at first it was the neighbors cat at night, but then it is happening anytime with no one or nothing near the truck. WTF? I haven't done any electrical mods lately. What would cause this to just start happening? From the indicator light flash,it shows the shock sensor activated,but I have been near the truck b4 when it happened & see nothing around to bump the truck. Does this system have the ability to adjust sensitivity & if so, how? There's nothing in the pamphlet about adjusting sensitivity. Any electrical gurus out there that can steer me in the right direction? I really don't have much faith in my local dealers mechanics & don't want them creating other problems with my truck.

2. Oct 3, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Are you still under warrantee?

Drive a few extra miles and take it back to another dealer that you can trust.

On a previously owned car - I had an aftermarket alarm and after a few years it used to arm & disarm and go off by itself for not apparent reason. It actually armed itself while I was driving one time and shut the damn thing off while I was in the middle of traffic. The brains of the alarm went 'nuts' and had to be replaced.

All I can say...possibly disconnect the negative battery cable. Poke around and see if you can notice any loose wires or bad connections. Or perhaps disconnecting the battery would be enough to 'reset' the system. That's just a guess.... but if you're under warrantee, I'd definately take it back the dealer.

3. Oct 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    You say you haven't done any mods lately which means you've done something to it. Did you tap into something to get power for your mod? If it's the factory alarm ( VIP RS3200 ) then remove your glove box and the black cover on top of it and you'll see a small box mounted to a bar that runs across the dash. On that box you'll see numbers 1-10 I think, see what it's set at that's the shock sensor, I have mine set at 7 but I can't remember if higher # means less sensitvity or vice versa

4. Oct 3, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    Yes,it is the RS3200. The only power tap I've done is my lights on my lightbar & there I used an add a circuit in an unused slot in the cab fusebox. I will try the #'s on the box though & see if it helps, along with disconecting the battery terminal. Thanks for the info.!

Products Discussed in

To Top