1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bling Bling

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tribalgunner60, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Jan 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    tribalgunner60

tribalgunner60 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    2008 (40 Series Flowmaster Exhaust, Stainless Steel Tube Steps, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Windows)
    Okay, I'm looking for ACTUAL chrome door handles, chrome side mirrors and chrome tailgate latch. I understand that there are the peel-and-stick type of covers for all of these but do they make chrome replacements parts? Overall, I don't trust the 3M tape things. Thank you.

2. Jan 27, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    the peel and stick covers work pretty good...you just have to clean the surface you're applying it to likecrazy...i used alcohol and it worked good. I have chrome mirror covers, chrome handle covers, and the chrome tailgate handle. The chrome handle covers are the hardest ones, they don't want to stay put. i used 2" mini c clamps to hold them in place overnight. I also used a little bit of 3M Glue and they've held up pretty good.......

Products Discussed in

To Top