Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Window Tint

Old 10-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Bigd1634 is on a distinguished road
Name: Donald
Bigd1634's Tacoma Gallery
Window Tint

I just bought a 2010 Double Cab and the rear windows are tinted fromt he factory. I would like to tint the front 2 and go darker on the rear. I was thinking 5 % on the front(illegal I know) but I also want to match the rear to the front. I was thinking that 20 % on top of the already tinted glass would be close. Has anyone done this, or have any input about it.

Thanks

Donald
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
lopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud of

lopedogg's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't. It gets pretty dark at night. I have 20 on the sides and it matches the access cab and rear good.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
cagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Beau
cagle77's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 09 double cab and 35% matches the factory rears perfectly. 5% all the way around would be great though... Stupid strict PA laws...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagle77 View Post
I have an 09 double cab and 35% matches the factory rears perfectly. 5% all the way around would be great though... Stupid strict PA laws...
I'm afraid to even get 35% here in Western PA. There are some police departments that are itching for a reason to pull you over.

To the OP...I believe the rears are 20%.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
32% in the front. 8% in the rear w/privacy glass tint
Old 10-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Whatever you decide to go with, do not layer tint. Remove the old, install the new...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whatever you decide to go with, do not layer tint. Remove the old, install the new...
A film is not used on the factory glass so the OP would not be layering.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
A film is not used on the factory glass so the OP would not be layering.
The factory privacy glass tint is baked into the glass
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Really, mine has none... it's pure tint on my truck. And it's starting to peel no less... .... .....
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Really, mine has none... it's pure tint on my truck. And it's starting to peel no less... .... .....
are you the original owner?

Well When see some of these awful wrecks on here and you see that the back window has just vanished and it leaves behind black bits of glass..... that the tint
Old 10-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
009NJF is on a distinguished road
Army: ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
009NJF's Tacoma Gallery
I just moved to poinciana/kissimmee and i am looking for a good place to have my TACO tinted. I have 35% on the front but the sun and heat is getting to me. I want to have 20% put on.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #13
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagle77 View Post
I have an 09 double cab and 35% matches the factory rears perfectly.
Same with my '10 .... 35% on the front matches well. And, 35% at night is a bit dark ... .from both sides.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Good 2 know it's baked on now I can go a lil darker
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine. 15% all the way around. Puts the front obviously at 15. And the back to 5%
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #16
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
50% over the rears will match 20% on the fronts...It meters within 2% and is completely undetectable to the naked eye.

that's for a 2010 though...I've heard toyota changed the factory tint at some point

Here's a pic of it:

look at the similarity in the brightness of the grass...the houses down the street appear much brighter because the picture was taken late in the day and they were in sunlight while my neighbor's yard was in the shade
Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
dirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to behold
EMS: paramedic
dirtytaco2010's Tacoma Gallery
i got 20 all the way around and its dark especially and night but 5 would be sick i just have to look through my shell too and wouldnt be able to see lol

Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
menyh is on a distinguished road

Name: Meny
menyh's Tacoma Gallery
i put a layer of 5 over the very back and rear windows and a layer of 20 over the front
Attached Thumbnails
Window Tint-tha-whip.jpg  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th sin View Post
50% over the rears will match 20% on the fronts...It meters within 2% and is completely undetectable to the naked eye.

that's for a 2010 though...I've heard toyota changed the factory tint at some point

Here's a pic of it:

look at the similarity in the brightness of the grass...the houses down the street appear much brighter because the picture was taken late in the day and they were in sunlight while my neighbor's yard was in the shade
Do you happen to have any pics taken from the outside of the truck with this tint?