Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New 2010 4x4 DC TRD!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
New 2010 4x4 DC TRD!

Hey Guys! I am so excited! Just got the confirmation that my trade and financing was accepted! So my 2010 SBW 4x4 DC TRD is in the factory right now being assembled *done on the 14th of october, 2-3 weeks delivery**

Now that being said, I've got a list of things I want done to it.

CAI
Exhaust
Lift
Tint
Stereo
Bed Mat
Extra D-Rings

So question is, what should i try and get done while it is in the shop. Had thought about a TRD CAI & Exhaust, but I am pulling my CAI off old truck. I think i can get exhaust cheaper than TRD and nicer (Dual outs?)

I hear JBL audio sucks, so i wont be going that route.

So is there any opinions on what I should get them to do before I pick it up.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
If you're keeping your other CAI and not going with the TRD exhaust there's really nothing there that they're going to do. Extra d rings are easy, bed mat you can get cheaper elsewhere. I know my dealership doesn't install lifts, aftermarket stereos, and tint haha. Congrats on the truck though. TRD Sport or OR?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and have fun modding
Old 10-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
saskcan is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
saskcan's Tacoma Gallery
right on!! congrats on your new ride.

Since your in the same situation as me i am curious of 1 thing.
I ordered my taco August 7, and vehicle production month is october....
Do you think ill have my vehicle soon??? dealership isnt saying 2 much.
Ive heard November to January basically but im going on a trip in december and hope to have it by then!!!.

and you might wanna check with SGI about tint. A friend of mine just got a vehicle from the states and SGI made him get the tint removed. (maybe that was front windshield?). Oh ya and you should ask your dealer for a free bed mat... thats what i did not sure if it worked though. Another cool mod is navigation system but im not getting cause i spent all my money.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskcan View Post

Since your in the same situation as me i am curious of 1 thing.
I was told production on mine was going to be completed Oct 14, and that delivery was 3-4 weeks
Old 10-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
How bad does the JBL audio package suck? Anyone have one? Does the screen show you the artists name and song name? Anyone installed an aftermarket GPS/CD/Sat Radio unit in their 2010 tacoma? I was looking at a 2010 through the window and it looked like the entire center console was one piece? I'm wondering how expensive it will be to install an aftermarket GPS/CD/Sat Radio? If anyone has pics please post.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery
LUCKY!! you said your having it "assembled" does that mean you had it built to your own specifications? If so does that cost extra or do you save money as apposed to buying one off the lot with features that you dont want?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post
How bad does the JBL audio package suck? Anyone have one? Does the screen show you the artists name and song name? Anyone installed an aftermarket GPS/CD/Sat Radio unit in their 2010 tacoma? I was looking at a 2010 through the window and it looked like the entire center console was one piece? I'm wondering how expensive it will be to install an aftermarket GPS/CD/Sat Radio? If anyone has pics please post.
x2
Old 10-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME THOUGH
Old 10-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltaco2 View Post
LUCKY!! you said your having it "assembled" does that mean you had it built to your own specifications? If so does that cost extra or do you save money as apposed to buying one off the lot with features that you dont want?

mmm, technically, i guess. More so, i was informed, that there were only 3 being built how i wanted, and that they werent done yet. I just said "2010 SWB 4x4 DC TRD 6spd, no leather" i guess that's kinda picky

I wouldnt have any other :P
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
Rodeoclowns is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
Rodeoclowns's Tacoma Gallery
DC TRD Magnetic Grey Metallic

Hey, picking up my 2010 TRD Double cab, long box, Magnetic Grey Tacoma tomorrow morning and I'm super pumped. This is my first new vehicle. I've been hearing a bit on lagging transmissions at slow speed for the auto trans.?? Any comments out there?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #13
Dane-Taco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Justus
Dane-Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post
I have the JBL system and I don't think it is bad. The screen could be bigger but it does show channel, artist, and song title. (XM) It isn't going to shake the neighnors windows but it works for me!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Iron Clad Lou is on a distinguished road
Iron Clad Lou's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane-Taco View Post
I have the JBL system and I don't think it is bad. The screen could be bigger but it does show channel, artist, and song title. (XM) It isn't going to shake the neighnors windows but it works for me!
I'm on the Toyota website and the JBL is not an option for the 2010 DC...how does yours have it?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
the macf is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Welcome to RamSHAFT
Name: Chris
the macf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clad Lou View Post
I'm on the Toyota website and the JBL is not an option for the 2010 DC...how does yours have it?
it might be region specific. I've built mine and had the jbl package available.

OP,

If you already have an intake and a different exhaust then everything else can be had on ebay or autoanything

I personally love my URD catback
Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clad Lou View Post
There is two different option on TRD Sport or Offroad come with or without JBL. JBL cost little bit more.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
JBL not an option for my region either, and neither is magnetic gray anymore. Weird.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #18
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 DC 4WD Off Road (bought last month) has the JBL system/ XM Radio... sounds great, love it! Transmission is fine too. I am in San Diego County, if it matters...