Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I Buy this truck ??

Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Should I Buy this truck ??

I am in the market for a new truck. I was originally going to buy a new tacoma, but now My friend is selling his Tacoma. Its a 2009 Tacoma Sport Longbed Prerunner with all the extras, JBL, Camera, Bluetooth, etc...

He also has a 3" Icon coilovers, and custom made Black 20" wheels on 33's.

He said I could just take over the payments and give him 2,000 for the lift/wheels/tires.

The truck has 15,000 miles and He owes $26,000 and has a 72 month loan, with payments of $420.00 a month.

So, he wants $28,000

Deal or No deal ?

See pics attached below!! ............
Attached Thumbnails
Should I Buy this truck ??-photo.jpg   Should I Buy this truck ??-photo-2.jpg   Should I Buy this truck ??-photo-3.jpg   Should I Buy this truck ??-photo-4.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure you're able to buy a brand new truck off the lot for $26500. And that has 15k mile on it and you still have to pay for the wheels and tires and lift. seems like you are over paying. but I'm not sure.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
atmospheric is on a distinguished road
atmospheric's Tacoma Gallery
yeap. i think that's overpaying
i got mine for 25K new DC SB OR prerunner
Old 10-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
wouldnt that be 26,500, plus taxes?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Overpaying.
Great friend.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
KBB.com

Excellent
$29,145

Good
$27,745

Fair
$25,745
Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
chach is on a distinguished road
chach's Tacoma Gallery
That lift and those wheels looks worthless in my opinion, wouldn't pay a dime for that.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach View Post
That lift and those wheels looks worthless in my opinion, wouldn't pay a dime for that.
lol, I think it looks good. Icon coilovers are the top coilovers, and the 20" wheels arnt for everyone I guess...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
If you like the lift and tires then it's worth it to you. I would only take over payments for him though, just cause he dropped 2K on mods doesn't make the truck with that much more.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
The lift is top quality, not sure about the wheels. But, you could buy a brand new truck and buy the lift, tires etc for around $28 - $30 total. Brand new, you pick the color, full warranty, first owner and a year newer as a 2010 model. I think I'd buy a new one, unless he's willing to sell for less.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
I would say defiantly find a new one, this is over priced.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation Some friend...

Yeah taking over payments would be worth it, if you wanna save a little on the parts and labor of wheel set and lift. But why should you pay for the extra mods, he obviously bit off more than he could chew, and now needs to sell. He should take the loss and call it as it is.

Mods are not worth anything to the retail market. Frankly I'd rather purchase a stock vehicle and mod it myself, that way I know what has been done, and can make adjustments as needed.

But in closing, sweet truck... If he will take the loss, jump on it, you may even be able to lower the payments if your credit and bank is better than his original deal.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
He paid around 4,000 for all mods.

In everyones opinion What would be a reasonable price?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
Buy this truck: yes.( you will love it)
Pay his price: no. ( that price is rediculous)
Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Only buy it if you plan to give it to me for free. Otherwise, don't cause that's too much.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Judging by the name I am assuming you are in California. You can deduct CA super high sales tax on the truck from your federal tax if you buy a new car in 2009. Just one more thing to consider.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Judging by the name I am assuming you are in California. You can deduct CA super high sales tax on the truck from your federal tax if you buy a new car in 2009. Just one more thing to consider.
...and in 2010?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Has to be in 2009, but you can buy a 2010 model in 2009!

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...205863,00.html
Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Eh, few things to ponder:
1) can you get credit on your own. If not, it might be worth the take-over option. The other side of the coin to that is, if you're paying his payments... he owns the truck until it's paid off and signs the title over to you. You might be buds now... but if something happens down the line you'll end up in court. If you do it, keep clear documentation of the contract, payments, ect.

2) If you like those mods and they're worth something to you, then great. If you're gunna rip them out later.... they're not worth a dime and actually can hurt the overall value of the truck.

3) It's a pre-runner sport. Will you be wanting to do any off-roading, wheeling of any nature? If so, stear clear. Look at a 4x4 #1, TRD Off-Road for the e-locker. Even a TRD Off-Road PreRunner is much more capable off the street. However on the street, and if you wanna boost (TRD Supercharger), that LSD will be much nicer than the open diff with the e-locker street wise.

3) Talk that price down, adding any cash for those mods is retarded. Taxes and tags don't count against the vehicle worth he has wrapped up into the loan. That's how new cars roll, you get raped up front.

Overall if you have credit issues and problems getting a loan, and you really want the truck... it might be a good deal for you. However, I'd still say get an older 2000 4x4 for around 10k (see them all the time on craigs), secure a loan through the credit union to build credit. It'll pay you more in the long run to establish a good credit rating. It opens up lower interest rates for buying a house, future cars, even credit cards ect. It can save you literally THOUSANDS of dollars having a good score. Only way to get it, secure some loans, make your payments on time and in full, and pay them off.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ewww those rims are geheyyyy