LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pics of Leer 100 XR and 100XL caps please

Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
pics of Leer 100 XR and 100XL caps please

I am looking for some pics of Leer 100XR and XL caps, mainly on access cabs or DCLB's. I've noticed on a couple of the pics of the 100XL's I've found that it doesn't seem to blend as well with the body as the XR and XQ and I'd like to see some more pics before I go order anything.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
I am looking for some pics of Leer 100XR and XL caps, mainly on access cabs or DCLB's. I've noticed on a couple of the pics of the 100XL's I've found that it doesn't seem to blend as well with the body as the XR and XQ and I'd like to see some more pics before I go order anything.

I have the 100XL and love it... Very high quality cap.
The lock mechanism is somewhat flimsy though, but it will be replaced under warranty. Cant say enough great things about the cap.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, yours is actually one of the trucks that got me wondering about the fit on the XL so I am glad you posted. when I look at your pictures, the rear corner looks like it sticks out a lot farther over the truck instead of flush as if the cap was an inch or two too long? or is that just an optical illussion?

Did you get the windoors with yours?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
The 100XL and 100XR models are manufactured from the same molds. The only differences are the rear lock and the side windows. There is no intended difference in the fiberglass, the only difference from one to another is that Leer has multiple of these 100xr/100xl molds.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
It overhangs a small bit... not even 1"
It's designed this way to ensure that rain flows over and that nothing get's in the box. I also installed a tailgate seal... Highly recommended.

I also even took the bed rails off before the cap install and applied silicone to seal the box up good, since I have travelling across Canada and US and sleeping in the back on a Truck Bedz.
Another great product BTW.

No windoors on mine, didnt need them. But I did get the 12volt plugs, fold down rear slider as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the 100XR

It's not a bad cap but I feel it was a Friday afternoon build if you know what I mean. I don't think mine is a good representation of all Leer Caps. Mine was supposed to have the "windoors" (?). Those are the side windows that open, as you can see it does not have them. I was told at the truck outfitter place that Leer and the window vendor are in some type of contract dispute and they could not get the windows at the moment. I think they just forgot to put it on the order. Wish I had them!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
09tacomg is on a distinguished road

09tacomg's Tacoma Gallery
100 R
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
100r

My 100R is not quite a perfect blend into the lines of the cab. Fortunately, its a bit smaller than the cab, would really look silly if it were bigger. The roof on the cap is a bit more rounded than the cab.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
tagging shit all over the net since 2001
trktwo is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic/xray tech
Name: tommy
trktwo's Tacoma Gallery
tag
Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
My Cap

Not quite the fit I would like , but acceptable.
Attached Thumbnails
pics of Leer 100 XR and 100XL caps please-resdontbuy.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiiver View Post
Not quite the fit I would like , but acceptable.
What's wrong with the fit ?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw77x View Post
Here is the 100XR

It's not a bad cap but I feel it was a Friday afternoon build if you know what I mean. I don't think mine is a good representation of all Leer Caps. Mine was supposed to have the "windoors" (?). Those are the side windows that open, as you can see it does not have them. I was told at the truck outfitter place that Leer and the window vendor are in some type of contract dispute and they could not get the windows at the moment. I think they just forgot to put it on the order. Wish I had them!
Looks great from here.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw77x View Post
Here is the 100XR

If it's not what you ordered , I would have refused it .

In fact , I did refuse my first Leer 100RCC , they had drilled the roof rack feet too close together , front to back , my theory is that they used a template for a shortbox cap , anyway , not what I ordered , not my problem .

It went back and they sent me a new one , that's too much money to just go , " oh well "
Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Izzapac is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Medic
Izzapac's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 100XR price?

How much did the 100XR run you? How easy is it to get one colored coded to my silver streak ext cab?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzapac View Post
How much did the 100XR run you? How easy is it to get one colored coded to my silver streak ext cab?
You just order it the factory colour you want
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #16
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bump an Old thread but those of you with caps, did you or the installer remove the plastic bed rails? I'm talking the plastic "cap" that protects the metal bed rail.

Was this removed? If not, what did you do to close the inch gap on the front bed rail closest to the cab?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Sorry to bump an Old thread but those of you with caps, did you or the installer remove the plastic bed rails? I'm talking the plastic "cap" that protects the metal bed rail.

Was this removed? If not, what did you do to close the inch gap on the front bed rail closest to the cab?

Thanks!

No, the plastic bed rails stay on. To cover the gap at the front of the bed I ran two layers of the rubber weatherstripping you can get at HD.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #18
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
No, the plastic bed rails stay on. To cover the gap at the front of the bed I ran two layers of the rubber weatherstripping you can get at HD.
Thanks for the quick reply!

And the weather stripping keeps the water and dust out pretty well?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
En serio?
GreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to allGreeneMan is a name known to all

Navy: Intel
Name: Robert
GreeneMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post

Just what I needed to hear. We've have some major rian in NC, shnits gettin' wet!