1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sat radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bt08231, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    Sorry if this has been covered, I searched and didnt find much. I have an 09 sr5 tacoma, it came prewired or whatever for satelite radio. My question is, is that just the antenna, or is it also build into the stock radio? What will i need to get/ receive the signal of satelite radio and does anyone know the cost? would really like to get it and I know there was something about satelite radio in the package that I got just not real sure. Thanks

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    srojoe

srojoe Member

Member:
    Athens, TN
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner, Sport, TRD pkg
    By now, you probably have done something but -
    First, decide if you want aftermarket or OEM sat radio. My experience has been that if you go aftermarket, the cab roof antenna will not connect and you will need an aftermarket antenna. If you go OEM, you will pay more, but, everything hooks up and you will utilize the rooftop antenna, your OEM radio will operate the sat radio - Does your Toyota radio have the AM/SAT button on it? if yes, you are ready to go, just buy the sat radio and go.
    You might read my post, search again for SAT radio, XM radio. I just made one long post on my experience over the last year and a half with my 09 Tacoma.

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    KnurledNut

KnurledNut Cracker in a Taco

Member:
    Sonova Beach
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5
    You can use the OEM antenna with a 'shark fin' adapter cable.

I just got my Taco and am switching out the OEM radio with a JVC head unit. I'll be able to use the satellite tuner from my Subaru,

Products Discussed in

To Top