1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Trip Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 050309TRDSport, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    050309TRDSport

050309TRDSport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Westin Bull Bar, Debadged
    I am finishing up a trip from AZ to NC. I carried about 1000 pounds (spread throughout the truck) and I am asking if there is any recommendations in the form of preventative maintenance that I should do in addition to a scheduled oil change and tire rotation? I had the rear TSB done before I started the trip and I am so glad. I don't think my taco would have performed as well without it.

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    050309TRDSport

050309TRDSport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Westin Bull Bar, Debadged
    Sorry everybody. This thread should have been done in the Tacoma Garage Thread “Towing”. I am going to notch this one up to a NOOB mistake.

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    If you had more mileage on your rear diff, I say change that fluid. Also check the brake fluid and pads and the power steering fluid. Check the serpentine belt for cracks (unlikely on an '09).

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...General going over the fluids and stuff can't hurt. If you are getting in range for any changes- Get those taken care of. And wash it.

Products Discussed in

To Top