1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got rear spring TSB today. THUMBS UP!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JTDTacoma, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Thanks to finding out about here! The dealership ordered the parts with no questions. All I said was it bottomed out with just passengers (which it did) and I heard there was a tsb for the weak suspension.

The truck is exactly 1" higher in the back. It looks basically the same, no need to level it out IMO. The ride with an empty bed feels great, more solid and tight. Not rough at all. I imagine it'll really be better than before when I carry a load though. The total was $1700 for all parts and the allignment. Cost to me: $0. Thanks guys!

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Congrats! Post pics.

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I actually got to test my TSB springs fully today for the first time since I had them installed back in June.

Picked up 26 bags of potting soil from the plant nursery for mom. 40lbs each. That comes to 1040lbs, mom and I together are 290.

Totals 1330 passengers and cargo, which is right around the max payload...if you include the full tank of gas and miscellaneous shit I have in the truck, we were probably technically "over" capacity.

I checked the suspension before driving off from the plant place and the bed was clearing the frame stops by about a half-inch. Hard road bumps probably put the bed into the stops, but at least it wasn't riding on them. The drive home was what you would expect from a fully loaded truck - slower braking and acceleration, but handling was good and tight, not squirrley or floating at all.

To my mind, this just proves the necessity of the TSB springs. I would not have wanted to try this with my old 3-leaf packs...still plan to add Icon AALs to each side when putting the lift in eventually to beef things up even more.

In any event, glad you got the TSB done. I think you'll be a lot happier with the truck now.

Products Discussed in

To Top