Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Axle Wrap???

Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
strengthcoach4 will become famous soon enoughstrengthcoach4 will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryan
strengthcoach4's Tacoma Gallery
Axle Wrap???

So I've been running the rear spring TSB and a 1" block for about six months now with no problems (my truck never leaves the pavement, yet). I just put on a fiberglass tonneau cover and now I think I'm experiencing axle wrap. When I come to a complete stop the truck does a slight stutter. If I take out the 1" block and put in toytec AAL's will that fix my problem? Also, is it just me or do my leafs look flat? The TSB was done just about 6 months ago if that.
Attached Thumbnails
Axle Wrap???-cimg3745.jpg   Axle Wrap???-cimg3743.jpg  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Those springs do look flat
Old 10-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
strengthcoach4 will become famous soon enoughstrengthcoach4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_X-SP View Post
Those springs do look flat
It really surprises me since I just had the 4 leaf TSB done not too long ago
Old 10-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I heard that blocks cause axle wrap. So, I chose Toytec AAL.

I have TSB+AAL and a fiberglass cover. No axle wrap, but ride is a little stiff. I have the AAL for just a week. I hope it settles later on and will be better.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #5

Yep I'm thinking of getting the Toytec AAL. I never thought I would have a problem with the block since I don't go off the pavement.