Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Argent grille vs. Black Grille (2009-2010)

Old 10-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Argent grille vs. Black Grille (2009-2010)

Anyone else wishes that Toyota has just left the grille Black vs. the new Argent color? To me, i don't understand the change, but hey maybe i'm in the minority, maybe thats what people were asking for.

Here is a pic of my Argent (Silver) Grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Argent grille vs. Black Grille (2009-2010)-picture-013.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they had left it black... I dont care for the chrome or Argent color grill IMO
Old 10-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Iet shiuold be REIDDD!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I like them either way.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to have to black mine out. Just doesn't go with a Super White Sport.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
it matches pretty durn well with my Pyrite
Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
it matches pretty durn well with my Pyrite
x2 looks good with the gray as well
Old 10-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
x2 looks good with the gray as well
In fact I thought it was an attempt to color match at first. Pretty hard to tell the diff at a glance
Old 10-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
don't care, grillcrafted mine
doesn't look to bad on the mag grey tacos though cause it looks almost the same as the rest of the truck
Old 10-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
So THAT'S what they call that color. I just hate it because it was nowhere else on my truck. It's taking me forever to finish my satoshi since I had to sand that all off of there.

Black would have been preferable.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
Rollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the rough
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
did you paint the lower portion of your bumper or vinyl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaco View Post
Anyone else wishes that Toyota has just left the grille Black vs. the new Argent color? To me, i don't understand the change, but hey maybe i'm in the minority, maybe thats what people were asking for.

Here is a pic of my Argent (Silver) Grille.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Meh, it doesn't really matter - you're going to cut that shit out of there either way, right?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinn View Post
did you paint the lower portion of your bumper or vinyl?

Vinyl from Sockmonkey...........i wish my grille was black as well.....just to chicken to cut it out at this point.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by militaco View Post
Vinyl from Sockmonkey...........i wish my grille was black as well.....just to chicken to cut it out at this point.
Take a mechanical handheld saw and just saw it off
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is sort of a dead thread, but I have the same complaint. I want to get rid of that dang chrome toyota symbol but can't color match that Argent color! oh well, an excuse to install a Grillcraft perhaps?
Old 12-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #19
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a second grill to do a color match surround to my Impulse Pearl & when it came realized the center was argent...but now realize it matches the FJ TRD charcoal rims

But agree not sure what to do with the chrome toyota symbol....maybe black?
Old 12-23-2009, 05:20 AM   #20
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Lucky here....have the MGM truck, but want to do something with the emblem......although I am considering a Grille Craft. They look classy and smooth.