1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercoating.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mullica woods'er, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    mullica woods'er

mullica woods'er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    south jersey pinebarrons
    Vehicle:
    06 trd 4x4
    rear leaf tsb,billies all around.front set at 1.75. 265 duratracs.cbi front hitch.rough contry 9.5 winch/syn.rope.
    Hey everybody,
    i had bought my used truck 5 monthes a go,and i noticed on the car fax it did say the underneath was undercoated and painted.As i can see it is.I don't see any issues.I guess my qwestion is how long will the undercoating last?And it looks like they did a good job.My truck is an 06 with 22k miles.Here in new jersey we see some snow here in the soutern half of the state.So some salt to contend with.Ok,thanks.

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I heard it is suppose to be done at least once a year. I'm going to get mine done by a garage that uses Krown undercoating and they have a lifetime warranty ( I believe) as long as it is done yearly.

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    mike s

mike s Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR
    I work for a company that supplies parts to the auto industry (we actually make the ezdown for the tailgates) The typical corrosion resistance requirement for all the OEM's is 480 hours in a salt spray chamber with no red rust. painted parts will easily go 1000 hours without rusting, but they will ALL eventually start rusting.

My recommendation is to spray off your truck frame at least once per month during the winter or it WILL rust, regardless of the undercoating you have on. The rust will start at the sharp edges of the metal, and propagate from there.

Products Discussed in

To Top