1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best day to buy a car?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tcBob, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Nov 17, 2006 at 3:53 PM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:

Sure thing. Just get a doctor's order.:D

2. Dec 18, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    i always heard when the end of the year (bringing the new model year) and towards the end of the month. i dont know about the whole week thing. i forgot to add check the internet prices before you go to different dealerships

3. Dec 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    maricopa_taco

maricopa_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner
    6 inch procomp lift, 315/70/17 BFGs AT, Eagle Alloys, Carr step, TRD exhaust
    I went to Avondale Toyota in the Phoenix area for my latest truck. I saw the truck online at a good price and also saw that they have a one price one person motto. Basically stating that is the best price and you only deal with one person during sales process. It worked out great for me. Without asking when I showed up to do the test drive, they actually told that they lowered price by $500. After the test drive, we sat down in a very open cube for all to see and hear, the computer monitor was setup so both the sales guy and I can see. He plugged the numbers and quick showed me the final price and payment. So I told him that I wanted $200 monthly payment for 5 years and this is the amount of cash for down and here is my trade-in. After the trade-in apprasial, he got my montly payment to jsut below the $200 i asked for. I bought the truck! Since then I had to go back to the dealership twice for cosmetic stuff, I called the sales guy and he quickly gets me in without a problem and all my fixes were done for free since I just got the truck. I will definitely go back there. They also have many pretty young women working there for service, etc.. makes the day go well.

4. Dec 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    I am likely going to buy from Charlesglen Toyota in Calgary. Without even asking they're showing me a discount. I'm sure i can grind a little more in January/February when i'm ready to buy as those are typically brutal months.

They're showing the discount as a trade in as there's no where else to put it on the quote form

Attached Files:

5. Dec 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    Just fyi, all i've done is email their internet sales person. I've yet to step foot in there

6. Dec 18, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Hell, the way our economy is going, I don't think it matters right now! :confused:

7. Dec 18, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    This is true, but you can usually talk them into giving you some freebies.

The salesman I eventually bought mine from said right off the bat they don't negotiate on price (all the dealerships I visited said this), but they usually throw in $100 in "freebies". I talked them into giving me the $375 running boards for free after threatening to go to another dealer. I was told that it would be about 4 weeks for a truck in my color to come in, and it turned out to be a 10 week wait. As a result they threw in the $600 set instead. It was on the last weekend of September... Don't know if that made any difference though.

8. Dec 18, 2008 at 2:18 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    late in november or december.

9. Dec 18, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    i got ma truck for about 25,000........ it was listed on toyota .com for being in the upper 29's........ i negotiated through many toyota dealers statewide throughout a month....... and i got exactly what i wanted with no BS

oh yea, paid cash though, that prolly made a differnce

10. Dec 18, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    i had mine all worked out via email and one phone call, the first time i had ever been to their shop, was the first time i bought my truck, good deal....

11. Dec 18, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    Smurfio18

Smurfio18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD PreRunner
    I keep it Stock but Clean!
    My brother is a car salesman and he even tells me that the best time is anytime. It really comes down to the finance/ sales manager and if they want to sell you it at a good price. You are more likely however for them to be more willing to give you a good price on an; older model, towards the end of the month and year.

12. Dec 19, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Dec 31st at around 5 pm...lol

Tax time...My boss got one hell of a deal on a new GMC Sierra last year on New Years Eve...

13. Dec 19, 2008 at 10:32 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I just happened to get mine on a Friday afternoon, it seemed to work to my advantage because it was like 6pm and I could tell the guy was itching to get outta there for some friday-night-plans. His cellphone kept ringing... not business calls, friends or a girl. Either way, after an hour of me getting the price lower and lower he seemed to buckle just so he could get the hell outta there and start his weekend.

14. Dec 21, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    Tmeister

Tmeister New Member

Member:
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD
    :popcorn:I have purchased my 4th vehicle from a Carmax dealership, just because I hate haggling with the dealers. Plus to mention, I have purchased quality vehicles from them. No, I do not work at Carmax. Someone may differ here but I was told that the last week of December (after Christmas) was the best time to buy, due to tax inventories going on. Is this true???? Any car sales folks care to comment?

Tmeister

15. Mar 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    History!

16. Mar 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    I prefer evenings to do the haggling. I am not a huge fan of sitting around while the sales manager is doing his thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top