1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best day to buy a car?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tcBob, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Sep 18, 2006 at 6:40 PM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    So what's the best day to get a car? I heard it's better to go during the week when they have less customers and you're more likely to get a better deal. What do you guys think?

2. Sep 18, 2006 at 7:06 PM
    mazutoytaco

mazutoytaco Active Member

Member:
    You should always go towards the end of the month too. Sometimes salesmen need to meet a monthly quota so they'll be a little easier to deal with near the end of the month.

3. Sep 19, 2006 at 5:04 AM
    Tukohmah

Tukohmah Active Member

Member:
    Yep close to or on the last day of the month.....or any day just when they are closing...they're tired and want to go home, stay away from red tag or special day sales, they lure you in then snag and hook you to reel you in:p

4. Oct 17, 2006 at 11:15 PM
    Truck champion

Truck champion Active Member

Member:
    If you want selection then the middle of the first of the month is best, You can negotiate your price(if it is not a rare bird) then wait for the truck gods to get it for you. If you want a screaming deal and don't care about color or options you wanted then go to the end of the month for all the reasons every one else has listed. With Toyotas though anything at MSRP or better is a great deal and getting whay you want on a truck you will drive for a long time is probably wiser than sacrificing it to squabble on a couple of hundred dollars on a 20-33 thousand dollar purchase. Remember that even if you pay a premium on a Toyota, they are cheeper to own in the long run than anything else even with incentives thrown at the big three.

5. Oct 22, 2006 at 5:06 PM
    archer of loaf

archer of loaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    In Canada there is no "best day" to go to toyota as EVERYDAY they have the same price... I question if this is not price fixing.

6. Oct 22, 2006 at 8:13 PM
    Truck champion

Truck champion Active Member

Member:
    Yes in Canada Toyota uses "Pure Pricing" like they do here in the U.S. with their Scions. It is better for the customer because there is no haggleing and the dealerships are not aloud to mark the vehicles up for high demand and low volume vehicles. Someday, hopefully soon, it will be the same here in the US.

7. Nov 5, 2006 at 5:08 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    I beg to differ. I just bought a Tacoma and had inside information on the cost price:cool: . This information can be purchased for about $25 from certain service providers. Toyota will discount based on how educated a customer you happen to be, your negotiating skills and your ability to convince your sales manager that you have another babe that turns you on as much as the Toyota. I pulled the Nissan Frontier card. Toyota don’t care to discount lines like the Tacoma because every dealer is allocated only a few of them. If you don’t buy it, someone else will and they are pretty confident about it. Actually, my dealer discounted my 07 by $2,100. But then, I had some customer satisfaction issue they wanted to resolve too. Don’t drool over their product but make them drool over your money. Remember, money makes the world go around.
    Eat Steak! :D

8. Nov 12, 2006 at 9:22 AM
    Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Member:
    The best day to buy a truck is when you are serious in buying. Beleive me when I say that dealers are willing to make deals anytime. Its all a matter of how much you know about buying. The dealers already know what the bottom line Price for a given car is. For example, they may have a Toyota listed for $25000. They know that in order for them to make some kind of profit they need to sell that truck for at least $20,000. That gives them $5000 to work with. If you go to a lot and see the sticker for $25000, don't settle for it. Thats why I say that when you are serious about buying, they will know and will sacrifice selling that truck for a lower profit than anticipating.

9. Nov 12, 2006 at 9:36 AM
    tgger61

tgger61 New Member

Member:
    I live just outside the Portland, OR metro area. Once I knew what I wanted to buy I contacted all the area dealers via email. I either asked for the internet sales person or emailed that person directly. In the email I put down what I wanted and then asked them for the "drive off the lot price with price borken down." Once I recieved the emails I chose the best 3 prices and then re-emailed those 3 explaining I would pay for this fee or that fee and that I had a offer of $xx,xxx.xx could they meet it or beat it.

Then when I settled on who I was buying from I informed them that I would take my Taco from them at that price. I drove in the next day and signed the paper work and drove out. This was one year ago.

2006 TRD Off Road Toyota Tacoma
    Extened Cab
    Auto Transmission
    $23,750

No Haggle, No waiting, No Bickering ........ Priceless

10. Nov 12, 2006 at 9:38 AM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    That's the best way to do it, like you said. Let them think you have a better offer from somewhere else and they'll scramble to try and beat it.

11. Nov 12, 2006 at 10:40 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Neat idea. May be next time.

12. Nov 12, 2006 at 11:56 AM
    whporwil

whporwil Member

Member:
    Up, the internet all the way last Aug. 06 double cab they gave me there best price over the internet and I told them the truck had options I didn't need and asked them to look for another. After the best price they came down another $500.00 for a discount of just over $2500.00. Then I called the dealer for the first time. Another source is Ebay, there is a dealer discounting everything and since he is in the southeast region which has the only Toyota distributor that is privately owned he can get anything he wants. I believe he sold 319 new toyota's in October

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  13. Nov 13, 2006 at 5:24 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Buying a car at the lowest price is not a bad thing however, what matters most is the dealers’ ability and commitment to after sales service and customer satisfaction:) . We have dealerships over here, who will under cut any price (almost) but their service department is understaffed and lacks expertise. What they lost on the sale, they will recover on labor and material :eek: when you go in for service. Remember, you will always get special service at the dealership where you bought your vehicle. A dealership has to make some money so they can stay in business to serve their customers.

14. Nov 13, 2006 at 6:47 AM
    whporwil

whporwil Member

Member:
    disagree, If I was concerned about service after the sale I would be looking at a different vehicle. The last three new cars I have boughten have never been back to a dealer. Saddly though my Toyota (first one) has to go back because the windsheild leaks. Price sells cars always has always will, dealers make there money on service.

15. Nov 13, 2006 at 7:44 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    It’s your prerogative to disagree. The disposable automobile is still in the making. Until then, we will all need our vehicles serviced and/or repaired at some time or the other. :)

16. Nov 13, 2006 at 5:20 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    the best deals are during the end of summer, where they try to make space for the next year models.

17. Nov 17, 2006 at 9:47 AM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    I bought mine on a Saturday around noon, not too busy at the dealership. Told my salesman what I wanted to pay, how long, and what I wanted for my trade and he listened. It was very vert rare. I've been in 8+ dealerships in the last two years and never had it this easy. It's like it was ment to be.

18. Nov 17, 2006 at 10:48 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Since it was a 2006, dealers are under pressure to move them out hence the flexibility. Glad it worked out for you. What kind of pharmaceutical work do you do?

19. Nov 17, 2006 at 2:24 PM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    I work for a home infusion business called New England Life Care. We mix antibiotics, chemotherapy, hydrations, TPN, morphine's, and much more. We also will deliver this to your home weekly, monthly ect, and provide nursing and pharmacy care. I work in the Pharmacy/Operations part making sure everything goes where it is suppose to. We cover all of ME, NH, VT, and MA. It's not my dream job but I have learned a enormous amount of knowled there. We do by far provide the best care out of the hospital for home treatment, and I enjoy seeing that, but carpentry is my passion and this pays the bills.

20. Nov 17, 2006 at 2:53 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    That's neat. Can you send me some morphine? Lots of it:D

Products Discussed in

To Top