Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Differential questions...

Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Differential questions...

As i understand it...
The stock diff on a non trd is open however, the electronic system on the truck applies brakes to the slipping wheel which transfer power to the wheel with traction.

What i would like to do is install a clutch type LSD (Detroit true trac)...Has anyone done this successfully?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can do that, but the system will still operate the same.....Not sure if it would be a waste of money and time.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
I was initially thinking toyota was cheaping out by not putting in a manual clutch type lsd...it seems all the sensors and computer crap would cost more...as long as the system works i will leave it... but being old-school wheeler i love my K5, suburban, and 79 GMC K25 with posi front and rear. Not used to the new system yet.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #4

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Next question...lol
Does the Auto LSD work when i put the truck in 4hi or 4low? No matter what i do the Auto LSD light does not come on unless its in 2hi. To me the LSD should activate in all modes. LSD in 2hi does not make sense to me if you get into a situation in 2wd you have 4wd...