Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhausts

Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
tacoma-uzi is on a distinguished road
tacoma-uzi's Tacoma Gallery
Exhausts

I have a 09 prerunner V6. I was wondering what is the best and loudest exhaust i can get with out getting my check engine light turn on. I dont know if thats true but i heard that some exhaust do that.

whats the loudest but not ricey more like a roar? i heard flowmasters sound the best on tacomas
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
There is no O2 sensor or any other emission control equipment past the flange where a cat-back would mount up so you don't need to worry about a CEL.

I found out yesterday that even with the stock exhaust completely removed the truck isn't terribly loud. I guess the 4 cats do a good job of soaking up noise.

I just put an MBRP on mine '09 Prerunner and it sounds pretty good. Its not loud by any means though. The Flowmaster 50 Series Deltaflow I had on my '00 Frontier was louder.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
crawlergirl's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful what you wish for. A loud exhaust can become annoying to the driver very quickly. I'm running DT long tubes, Magnaflow cat-back and KN CAI and my rig is loud as hell. I really can't stand it sometimes. I dynamated the ENTIRE cab and it made everything quieter EXCEPT the exhaust which actually makes it seem louder. This set up does require that you remove 2 of your cats and you will pop a code unless you install a simulator. I'm using the URD sim - cheap, easy to install and it has performed flawlessly. If you're looking to mod for performance that's one thing, but I can't understand why boys always want to make their rides louder just to make them louder. It's your truck. Do what you want to do. This set up is definitely LOUD.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Gibson advertises themselves as the quietest in-cab exhaust system. I have it on my truck and it has a nice rumble to it on the outside without any annoying reverberations inside.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
crawlergirl's Tacoma Gallery
Here's that sim
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518515
You'll need this to prevent your Check Engine Light from lighting if you install Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
Good luck