Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Center of hub/axle to fender (Measurements)

Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
iDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of light
iDRiVaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Center of hub/axle to fender (Measurements)

I've searched but cant find the specific info for what I'm looking for.

I want to determine my truck's lift height

I never measured my stock center of hub to fender to use as a reference point to compare differences. And since I have larger tires I cannot use the measurements that everyone posts from the ground to fender.

So I am asking those with stock suspension still or maybe those that took measurements prior to their suspension lift to post what all 4 distances are.

Driver Side Front ____"
Pass. Side Front ____"
Driver Side Rear ____"
Pass. Side Rear ____"

I have a little rake from my new Dakar Leafs so after I flex them a little, I would like to raise the front to make it close to level. Just not sure what lift I am currently at up front. in this pic the ground is higher on the right so I actually have a bit more rake than the picture shows.

The CV's look like I could raise the front a little more and not do any more harm.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
Married With Children
pokeng will become famous soon enoughpokeng will become famous soon enough

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
Found it...

Driver Side Front 34.25"
Pass. Side Front 34.5"
Driver Side Rear 36"
Pass. Side Rear 36.5"

Bone stock DC TRD OR 4x4 SB full gas tank, no accessories in rear.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
iDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of light
iDRiVaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to Pokeng I figured out my lifts heights.

Driver Side Front 2.25"
Pass. Side Front 2.5"
Driver Side Rear 3"
Pass. Side Rear 3.25"

My actual center of hub to fender measurements were

Driver Side Front 22"
Pass. Side Front 22.5"
Driver Side Rear 24.5"
Pass. Side Rear 25.25"

As you can see I have quite a bit of Taco lean but when I am accelerating, I can actually feel the truck transfer its weight and level itself out. The Driver side front lifts up a little and the Passenger side rear lowers a little. Call me crazy, but I can feel it every time I drive the truck. Also been told by my dad who has driven behind me and he says the truck goes down the road perfectly level side to side.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I measured mine today(front only). Exactly 23" from center hub to top of fender on both sides.

My lift consists of Bilsteins 5100's set to ZERO and 885 coils with a top plate spacer.

I have been thinking about removing the top plate spacer and adjusting my Bilsteins to .85" with the 885 coil. Will it give me any more lift?

Also I am curious to what stock measures at. Anyone have measurements for a stock 05+ Tacoma?