Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OUCH! Tacoma 4x4 auto TRDOR AC Towing; dealer quote

Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
lightfire's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH! Tacoma 4x4 auto TRDOR AC Towing; dealer quote

Said listed for 32,713 and would sell for 31,448 (before fees and taxes). It also had some type of mp3 radio add on and mats. This really sounds high. Anyone else bought this particular config for less? Perhaps the reason for price is I wanted a color that is not common. This is making the Sr5 towing package access cab I found for 26,900 seem like a really good deal - Dang, I could add the shocks, aftermarket seats, inverter, and skid plates to bring it up to TRD standards and still come out ahead (I think).
Old 10-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Its very high, but it's a 2010, if you wanted a deal you should have bought a 2009 a couple months ago or wait until mid 2010 when they are making deals again.

You can find some decent prices around depending on where you are on the 2010s but u won't get anything near the price you'll get next year.

Probably had the 6-disc changer and all weather mats.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2009 double cab trd sport 4x4 for 27,700 out the door (with tax/title/license/fee)

msrp was 31,669

seems high to me...

Although that was this past June. You'll always pay more when you get one right after the model year comes out...

I wouldn't do it personally, but I'm cheap...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
jaylow is on a distinguished road
jaylow's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Costco or Sams Club auto-buying program. They'll hook you up with your local Toyota rep and quote you a price below invoice. I used the Costco version to get my 09 DC last November and got a good deal. When I shopped the quote around to other dealerships, they couldn't come close to matching.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
There are dealership out there that would sell whatever they have for a few $$ over invoice. My sticker was $31,029 or something like that. 2009 DC 4x4 manual TRD OR JBL. Invoice is $28,229 and I got it for $28,300 with lojack. Then minus the $1K rebate so $27.3K plus tax and license. I bought it at the beginning of 2009.

I don't know where you are but the big dealerships will sell for just about invoice. Talk to the fleet managers.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow View Post
Check out the Costco or Sams Club auto-buying program. They'll hook you up with your local Toyota rep and quote you a price below invoice. I used the Costco version to get my 09 DC last November and got a good deal. When I shopped the quote around to other dealerships, they couldn't come close to matching.
oh no! DO NOT USE SAMS AUTO BUYING PROGRAM!!
it is absolute SHIT!!!!
i got the run around with them for months. dealers would not call me back and the lady at their corporate office (she contacted me after i complained many times about not being helped) ketp on promising me that so-and-so would help me, but no one ever did. it was a complete waste of my time. i had better results just contacting the internet sales offices of various dealers myself.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer would still make a few grand selling at invoice so don't dont settle for anythying more then invoice price + fees.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Try carsdirect.com, that's the tool i used for the last couple of new vehicles I've gotten and after you print it out and call around the stealerships will match the price.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
The most I would pay- or did pay- was $30k out the door (thats with tax, tag, and title)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
Thanks,
I did find a AC TRD sport with towing for 28,300 but I think I am convinced I want the Off Road version for the skid plates, etc., although this will be a mostly on-road vehicle for me.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfire View Post
Thanks,
I did find a AC TRD sport with towing for 28,300 but I think I am convinced I want the Off Road version for the skid plates, etc., although this will be a mostly on-road vehicle for me.
I believe it will be hard to find '09 trd off road version. I believe all of '09 gone by now, I believe. Same thing happened to me last August and I realized all of '09 trd sport and offroad sold out. They was supposed to hold '09 offroad but ended up sold to somebody else when I called and show up on the same day.
So they order me 2010 DC Trd offroadwith JBL/six changer/bluetooth, backup camera. Argue and working really hard with salesman and managers. Owner overheard my agruement and told them to give me a deal for 29,500.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #13
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
One thing to remember is always buy a vehicle on the last day of the month...they try to get as many sales as they can every month, and that's the day they are more willing to wheel and deal!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thats crazy expensive.
All the 09s 4x4s are gone up here what with cash for clunkers and incentives.
Good luck but don't pay those crazy prices, better prices to be had!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
I did find a dealer that would order one for 29,070 (before tax & fees). A little better but still too high. May not be able to do any better.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
they priced me at for a 2009 trd sport 4x4 for 26999 it had everything too back up cam and all but ended up buying a 2007 with 30k miles just because it was a offroad o and it had a 6inch lift
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesii View Post
Whatever Ken doll, you know you roll in your girls pink convertible...
Ha ha ha ha- damn she loves pink.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #18
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
True, and go on a rainy day the less traffic they have the more they will try to deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
One thing to remember is always buy a vehicle on the last day of the month...they try to get as many sales as they can every month, and that's the day they are more willing to wheel and deal!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
There are dealership out there that would sell whatever they have for a few $$ over invoice. My sticker was $31,029 or something like that. 2009 DC 4x4 manual TRD OR JBL. Invoice is $28,229 and I got it for $28,300 with lojack. Then minus the $1K rebate so $27.3K plus tax and license. I bought it at the beginning of 2009.

I don't know where you are but the big dealerships will sell for just about invoice. Talk to the fleet managers.
That is because invoice isn't dealer cost - when you pay invoice you are paying a good penny on the vehicle

When will people catch on to this ?

You'd had bragging rights if you paid 27500 + - 200 on that .
Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #20
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
make sure when you compare prices, you compare everything including installed options and accessories. the prices some people mention may be lower, but will contain fewer options or are not 4x4, msrp is msrp. The one I got has msrp of $32249. has xm satellite and trd floor mats, 4x4 trd or package with towing. I used costco program and got $2000 off msrp.I also have the $1000 off for college graduate. and since I bought in 2009, I get to deduct the sales tax. after the sale, you get a $50 voucher after answering a survery which I used to buy a box of toyota oil filter.