Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" toytec ultimate / Full OME vs. Fabtech / Pro Comp 6" basic

Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Magnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant future
Magnetic's Tacoma Gallery
3" toytec ultimate / Full OME vs. Fabtech / Pro Comp 6" basic

I plan to run 33" tires on my truck and was initially looking at the 3" toytec ultimate or the full OME kit. After adding UCAs to the mix, I could purchase a Fabtech or Pro Comp basic kit for about the same money.

Has anyone driven both of these setups? If so how would you compare them? This is my DD, and off-road duty consist of muddy hunting club roads that get kinda bad at times. Club rules do not allow for any tire over 34".

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
apples and oranges. you are comparing a 3" lift to a 6" lift so the main question is - how much lift would you prefer?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
Magnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant futureMagnetic has a brilliant future
I would prefer the 6" if the ride isn't a lot worse.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to be an ass or anything but I think you may need to do more research. I don't think Fabtech makes the basic kit for the 2009 tacomas. Not too sure about pro comp. Good luck searching. And remember to post pictures after your done!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Don't mean to be an ass or anything but I think you may need to do more research. I don't think Fabtech makes the basic kit for the 2009 tacomas. Not too sure about pro comp. Good luck searching. And remember to post pictures after your done!
The guy at the 4X4 shop called their tech line and asked that specific question and they said they have a kit that will accomodate 09+ VSC vehicles. I will be certain of that before I place an order, but I know the Pro Comp kit works.

Regardless of which 6" kit I go with, I'm interested in knowing how 6" basic kits ride compared to the Toytec ultimate / OME Full systems.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
The guy at the 4X4 shop called their tech line and asked that specific question and they said they have a kit that will accomodate 09+ VSC vehicles. I will be certain of that before I place an order, but I know the Pro Comp kit works.

Regardless of which 6" kit I go with, I'm interested in knowing how 6" basic kits ride compared to the Toytec ultimate / OME Full systems.
Sorry, can't help you there. Anyway, welcome to TW!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about that 4" lift.. RCD or something like that?
but still, with the lift being basically a spacer your travel and ride are going to be about the same I imagine.
some good coilovers or billies would do the job for you I bet.

If I was to do it over... go long travel
Old 10-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
what about that 4" lift.. RCD or something like that?
but still, with the lift being basically a spacer your travel and ride are going to be about the same I imagine.
some good coilovers or billies would do the job for you I bet.

If I was to do it over... go long travel
LT = serious money
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
LT = serious money
+1..serious dough
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #11
4X4 TRD Off-Road

If I could run 35s, I would go with a 6". Since I can fit 33s with either lift, and the cost is close, I want to know how close the ride is between them. If the ride is the same or very close, I like the looks of the 6".
Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
SwampThing07 will become famous soon enoughSwampThing07 will become famous soon enough
SwampThing07's Tacoma Gallery
honestly i would go with the 6 inch. After having a 3inch lift for awhile it gets boring, which is why i will be adding camburg spindles to mine. If i had the money the first time i would have got a 6inch.