Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Been looking at tonneau covers and I think I've settled on one. At the risk of covering a topic already well worn, I'd like to get some feedback.

I think I'm going to go with the BAKFlip G2. The things I like are:
- Hard tonneau cover yet easily folds open to reveal the bed.
- Weatherproof.
- Uniform flat aluminum panels heavy enough (~35lbs total) to lay straight and flat against the trucks bed.
- Easy to install, romove.
- Coupled with a DynoLock.com (another $100), secure truck bed storage.

One down side is it isn't cheap. Anyone have any experience that would counter the reasons I am leaning towards the BAKFlip G2?

Anyone have the combination of the BAKFlip G2 and the DynoLock?

Anyone know of the best place (price) to buy BAKFlip G2?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Bakflip g@ going on for almost 2 years. It has held up nicely. You will get some hooror stories about the Bakflip from those of us that had the gen 1 version. They were complete garbage. The G2 fixed most of the issues of the G1. The Bakflip isn't water tight. Our beds are uniquely shaped and the bedrails supplied from Bakflip don't hug the side of the bed. Water will leak through these areas but it's not bad. This can easily be rectified by making a trip to Lowe's and buying some thicker weather stripping.

I've been happy with my Bakflip; eventhough it is expensive, I find it the most versatile cover out there. I coupled mine with a Pop and Lock and have been safe so far in regards to security. Again if you do a search on "Bakflip" you'll get a lot more reviews on the issue. IMO the Bakflip is a beeter option because it can be folded up, and it allows useage of the whole bed unlike the Fold A Cover which requires you to remove it to access the front quarter portion for larger items.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...eau-cover.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-has-one.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ma-review.html

Just some of the many already posted with probably all info you need.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saf023 View Post
Been looking at tonneau covers and I think I've settled on one. At the risk of covering a topic already well worn, I'd like to get some feedback.

I think I'm going to go with the BAKFlip G2. The things I like are:
- Hard tonneau cover yet easily folds open to reveal the bed.
- Weatherproof.
- Uniform flat aluminum panels heavy enough (~35lbs total) to lay straight and flat against the trucks bed.
- Easy to install, romove.
- Coupled with a DynoLock.com (another $100), secure truck bed storage.

One down side is it isn't cheap. Anyone have any experience that would counter the reasons I am leaning towards the BAKFlip G2?

Anyone have the combination of the BAKFlip G2 and the DynoLock?

Anyone know of the best place (price) to buy BAKFlip G2?
I had the undercover first, sold it, then bought the Bakflip HD because I thought I would like it better. MISTAKE! It leaks like hell, get's really hot and is not tight. I have tried everything to fix it. I even took it completely off and installed $25 worth of weather strip. It still leaks! Working on getting it returned so I can get another undercover.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
lightinglark956 is on a distinguished road
Name: pat
lightinglark956's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=saf023;1029799]Been looking at tonneau covers and I think I've go online find the best price lots of sites will beat it to get your buss bakflip factory direct will beat it by 25 bucks