Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Needs TSB for rear Springs??

Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 2010 Needs TSB for rear Springs??

So my truck has 498 miles on it now and wouldn't you know when you have a truck you have friends

I went to Home Depot last night with my brother to get supplies for his fence building project..

In the bed

• 21 bags of Quickcrete (50 pounds each) = 1050 pounds
  • 2 8 foot 4x4's ?? 30 pounds??
  • 3 25 pound bags of pea gravel = 75 pound
  • Misc screws and junk = 10 pounds
Total Weight = 1165

Truck payload rating fro a 4x4 short bed DC = 1295
no one is in the truck in these pictures and nothing else in the truck

Should I have been sagging like this???

Oh..and remember the little yellow stickers on the 2009 and below???

here is the little yellow sticker on my 2010

Only 4 pounds...the part numbers on my springs are the same as the ones that say are the bad ones in the TSB???
Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Were you on the bump stops? Keep in mind, with you in the truck, you were over the rating......
Old 10-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

the picture was taken with no one in the truck, but I think what you were saying is that ONCE we got into the truck we were over the rating correct?

with the bed loaded the way it shows in the picture I then climbed on the rear bumper and jumped up and down and I still had room to play..I just would have thought it would not have sagged as much...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
the picture was taken with no one in the truck, but I think what you were saying is that ONCE we got into the truck we were over the rating correct?

with the bed loaded the way it shows in the picture I then climbed on the rear bumper and jumped up and down and I still had room to play..I just would have thought it would not have sagged as much...
Yeah, I meant After you all got in the truck. Seems normal to me.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
I would get Timbrens.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesii View Post
x2
why Timbrens? This isn't going to lift the vehicle is it? I am planning a rear AAL and front 5100's,

I just wasn't sure if the sag was normal, I rarely haul anything..
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
Senior Arshole
aces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Egress Dude
Name: Cody
aces2's Tacoma Gallery
Timbrens are nice for loads like that because they're going to give you a smoother ride on the road when you're nearly bottomed out like you were. The truck doesn't crash/smack-down as hard as it would on the stock bump stops which are shaped like little rock hard pyramids. The Timbrens are shaped similarly to truck airbags installed in the rear end and are more durable AND more cushy.

No they will not lift the vehicle.

An AAL will help with heavy loads too. But I'm sure you know that those WILL lift the rear end.

Sag is "normal" because you have 1,000 lbs. of shit in the back. Put that much on your back and your bound to sag some too! If this were an F-250 would it have sagged this much? No, probably not, but that's a full size pickup DESIGNED to carry 1,000+ lbs. regularly.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesii View Post
Timbrens are nice for loads like that because they're going to give you a smoother ride on the road when you're nearly bottomed out like you were. The truck doesn't crash/smack-down as hard as it would on the stock bump stops which are shaped like little rock hard pyramids. The Timbrens are shaped similarly to truck airbags installed in the rear end and are more durable AND more cushy.

No they will not lift the vehicle.

An AAL will help with heavy loads too. But I'm sure you know that those WILL lift the rear end.

Sag is "normal" because you have 1,000 lbs. of shit in the back. Put that much on your back and your bound to sag some too! If this were an F-250 would it have sagged this much? No, probably not, but that's a full size pickup DESIGNED to carry 1,000+ lbs. regularly.

LOL, I regularly carry 70+ pounds on my back and yes I do sag....

yeah while I was loading there was a F250 SuperDuty loading up to, he didn't even blink with all the crap he had in the back...

Thanks for the advice folks, this is my first PU in 14 years, always had jeeps so never hauled anything and don't know what normal sag is and isn't

Peace
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
RWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Don
RWS_350MAG's Tacoma Gallery
The yellow sticker on my 2010 Access Cab has the same numbers as yours.
How does Toyota determine how much of a reduction in carrying capacity a Tacoma has?
I haven't had my truck loaded up yet, to see how much it sags.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #12
Tacomzz09 is on a distinguished road

Tacomzz09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So my truck has 498 miles on it now and wouldn't you know when you have a truck you have friends

I went to Home Depot last night with my brother to get supplies for his fence building project..

In the bed

Total Weight = 1165

Only 4 pounds...the part numbers on my springs are the same as the ones that say are the bad ones in the TSB???
so the maximum is all different for all new Tacos?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
JBRICENO is on a distinguished road
JBRICENO's Tacoma Gallery
Load Weight

Quote:

In the bed

Total Weight = 1165

Certainly not! I've had as much as 1,500 lbs in the bed of my 2-wheel drive TRD Sport and did ride quite as low. Close, but not quite. I think some springs are just weaker than others. It's a defect, in my opionion. Adding overload or those leaf spring add-on helpers does help, but heck if Toyota is at fault, I don't care how old your Taco is, they should make good on the Free replacement they are doing for folks.