Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tires... new to wheelin

Old 10-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
jantolov is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jantolov's Tacoma Gallery
Tires... new to wheelin

I have a 2009 TRD Off-Road DC and have approx 45k miles on the clock. With that said the Rugged Trail BFGs that came on the truck are starting to where down. I am in the market for a new set of tires, however, I am having a tough time deciding on what I should get. The truck see primarily highway although I am starting to do much more off-road driving. I would like to get something more aggressive than the stock tires but I don't want them to wear to quick or have to much road noise...... what do you guys like to run?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jantolov View Post
i have a 2009 trd off-road dc and have approx 45k miles on the clock. With that said the rugged trail bfgs that came on the truck are starting to where down. I am in the market for a new set of tires, however, i am having a tough time deciding on what i should get. The truck see primarily highway although i am starting to do much more off-road driving. I would like to get something more aggressive than the stock tires but i don't want them to wear to quick or have to much road noise...... What do you guys like to run?
bfg a/t
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
bfg a/t
word
Old 10-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have 265/70/17 BFG A/T and they are fucking AWESOME. they look badass and are very quiet on the road too.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jantolov View Post
I have a 2009 TRD Off-Road DC and have approx 45k miles on the clock. With that said the Rugged Trail BFGs that came on the truck are starting to where down. I am in the market for a new set of tires, however, I am having a tough time deciding on what I should get. The truck see primarily highway although I am starting to do much more off-road driving. I would like to get something more aggressive than the stock tires but I don't want them to wear to quick or have to much road noise...... what do you guys like to run?
Damn you drive alot.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Im a fan of MT's my self. I have Maxis Big horn 265/75/16's on mine and love them.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Damn you drive alot.
x2!

From the look of em and what i've heard about them, id recommend the Good Year DuraTracs. They're an agressive AT tire thats supposed to wear well and they look pretty aggressive.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs! Ive had the BFG ATKO in the past, just got my Duratracs installed about 2 weeks ago. From my initial impression after a few hundred miles, Duratrac is the better tire. Bigger side lugs for mud traction, and they are siped for wet traction. Road noises is more than the Rugged Trails, but is not nearly loud enough to complain about. Both tires are snow rated, but if your looking for a slightly more aggressive tire, with better on and off road capability, go with the Duratracs.

I fit the 265/75 16 with no rubbing or clearance issues whatsoever. MPG dropped from avg 20 combined to avg 19 combined.(cty/hwy)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get some all terrains if you do mostly highway driving.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't be happier with my A/Ts... Only reason I'd change next set of tires is to go to 33" M/Ts...
Old 10-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear wrangler Duratracs.
have had these a couple months and they are performing wonderfully.
I was told by a goodyear rep these tires were designed as worktruck tire. So good on the road but able to really handle the mud and snow. they have been great in the rain also. You really need to go look at some to see what were talking about
Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
jantolov is on a distinguished road
jantolov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all of the replies

I definetely have driven a lot in the past year. I recently moved to Kentucky from North Carolina and spent a lot of weekends driving back and forth. I will look at the BFG ATs as well as the Duratracs. I am looking for something more aggressive than the rugged trails since I am planning on getting into wheelin now that my schedule has calmed down.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the Duratracs and was totally set up to buy them, but a really cheap set of BFG's A/T's and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. I was a little leary of the Duratracs cause they were a brand new tire and thus no real world long term reviews on them are out while the BFG is tried tested and true.

Hell, today when we parked the ambulance to get lunch it was between two pickups and both were sporting BFG AT's!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
BFGs!!!!! AT!! I love mine
Old 10-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
BFGs!!!!! AT!! I love mine
word up
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #17
ramjm_2000 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Biomedical
ramjm_2000's Tacoma Gallery
I've had really good luck with the Bridgestone deuler at revo and even the firestone at. Both nice high milage tires that work well off road and in the snow.
Jr
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjm_2000 View Post
I've had really good luck with the Bridgestone deuler at revo and even the firestone at. Both nice high milage tires that work well off road and in the snow.
Jr
i have had my set of revo 2's for a couple of weeks now and i absolutely love them! great in wet conditions!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #19
Shanran71 has a spectacular aura aboutShanran71 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Shannon
Shanran71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
i have had my set of revo 2's for a couple of weeks now and i absolutely love them! great in wet conditions!

X2...I have 2500 miles on my Revo's and 1 good wheeling trip (at SMORR) and I could not be happier.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
check out goodyear wrangler td's.got a set a couple of weeks ago and for the money i'm more than happy.not much road noise at all.