Notices

Instrument Cluster

Old 10-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Cleared for Takeoff!!
1BADTACOMA is on a distinguished road

1BADTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1BADTACOMA
Instrument Cluster

Alright guys I know many of us know that the plastic lens cover on our instrument cluster's scratch very easy. I wanted to know If anyone thought about putting a light tint on the plastic to prevent from scratching? I thought about doing it since you always have the light come through and plastic from lexus is always tinted. Thought I might try or perhaps this is a good idea. Thoughts? Its pretty easy to get the plastic off. Let me know If any of you guys have done this.

Also, just got 15K on my truck and the dealer told me that I needed to do an injector clean. I said no thanks but they kept harrasing me about it. I passed but did any of you guys do this??
Old 10-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
I think its a good idea, I am curios if anyone has done that too. maybe some of that 3M film that goes on the door trims
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
mike s is on a distinguished road
Navy: subs
Name: Mike
mike s's Tacoma Gallery
The injector cleaning is a great idea, I would have my blinker fluid changed at the same time.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
yea sounds like a good idea, mine's so scratched. Also make sure they rotate the air in your tires hahaha
Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it! Im getting tired of removing scratches from mine so anything that helps would be awesome
Old 10-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Matt Stephen is on a distinguished road

Matt Stephen's Tacoma Gallery
im at 100k miles and mine looks bad... btw, check your muffler bearing while they have it in the shop... also the new graphite wiper blades are in stores now!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
a new cover is only like $20 at the dealer...
Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
Cleared for Takeoff!!
1BADTACOMA is on a distinguished road

1BADTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1BADTACOMA
whats the part number yosh2000?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADTACOMA View Post
whats the part number yosh2000?

I'm thinking it should be here but I'll be damned if I can pick it out of the diagram.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^, close, but its here

PN: 83852-04870

toyodiy, has many diagrams for part numbers...i always look here and i usually find everything i need, all with diagrams!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #11
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Nice... thanks! My link above just didn't look right but I never quite thought of a plastic cover as part of the electrical system.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #12
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Has anybody done what the OP suggested? Window tint over the cluster?

I'm going to order a new cluster cover and take it to my local tint guy. I'll post my results.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #13
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Has anybody done what the OP suggested? Window tint over the cluster?

I'm going to order a new cluster cover and take it to my local tint guy. I'll post my results.
Have you concidered that clear 3M material...might offer more protection.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Have you concidered that clear 3M material...might offer more protection.
What 3M material are you referring to? Is it something I can buy at a parts store?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What 3M material are you referring to? Is it something I can buy at a parts store?

Thanks.
Alot of part stores carries it. I got some here... http://www.cabelas.com/hood-shields-...n-film-1.shtml

This suff is adhesive backed though and could be a problem if you ever wanted to pull it off the plastic lens.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Alot of part stores carries it. I got some here... http://www.cabelas.com/hood-shields-...n-film-1.shtml

This suff is adhesive backed though and could be a problem if you ever wanted to pull it off the plastic lens.
Ok, thanks!

What did you use it for? Also does it scratch at all like the cluster cover?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Ok, thanks!

What did you use it for? Also does it scratch at all like the cluster cover?
I've only used it on the exterior of the truck to protect the paint in a couple spots. As far as the plastic gauge covers I make a habit of NEVER touching it with anything except Meguires plastic polish and a microfiber towel. I do this once a year and the plastic still looks like new.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
How much in hawaii anyone?