Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seafoam in the crankcase?????

Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
obxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to behold

obxfishn's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam in the crankcase?????

Has anyone put seafoam cleaner into your crankcase before an oil change? If so what is the purpose of this, how much do you put in and how long do you leave it in before changing your oil?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You can... plz read the instructions on the can.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I've done it in my car. I have mixed feelings about it. My car has 180k on it, and goes through a bit of oil.... Goes through it a bit faster now since the seafoam. So it cleaned out the gunk in the engine which is normally good to do, but that gunk was probably plugging a few holes or gaps the oil now slips through. Should be fine on a newer engine though.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I've done it in my car. I have mixed feelings about it. My car has 180k on it, and goes through a bit of oil.... Goes through it a bit faster now since the seafoam. So it cleaned out the gunk in the engine which is normally good to do, but that gunk was probably plugging a few holes or gaps the oil now slips through. Should be fine on a newer engine though.
Thats what i like about you Tiger, always willing to help out. I know you won the December prize but i bet you'd win alot more if you played the game right. your only problem is that your not a member of the Alliance. All you have to do is pledge your undying devotion to the great states of Carolina and your in. your guaranteed to win more prizes, the Alliance wins them every month
Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Thats what i like about you Tiger, always willing to help out. I know you won the December prize but i bet you'd win alot more if you played the game right. your only problem is that your not a member of the Alliance. All you have to do is pledge your undying devotion to the great states of Carolina and your in. your guaranteed to win more prizes, the Alliance wins them every month

But I'm too lazy to invade Texas!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
Devout Atheist

eh, maybe I'll just take over Canada for you.... My wife already has plans in motion for that....
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But I'm too lazy to invade Texas!
We all are

Quote:
eh, maybe I'll just take over Canada for you.... My wife already has plans in motion for that....
good idea, North of the Mason-Dixon line invades Canada, South of the Line we invade Texas. that means you get to team up with Maverick.... probably the most competant of all the Alliance members
Old 02-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam? I'll just assume it's not the same stuff we find on the rocks around here after a storm.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Seafoam? I'll just assume it's not the same stuff we find on the rocks around here after a storm.
It's a cleaning solution you can buy at auto parts stores.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
used it on many bikes

It will def clean some of the shit out.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #11
09 tacoma trd is on a distinguished road

09 tacoma trd's Tacoma Gallery
i put some in my 4 wheeler oil crankcase because the
wet clutch was slipping. it cleaned all the gunk of the plates
and it runs like a charm. ran it for about a hour with seafoam, then changed the oil, ran for another hour and changed it again putting amsoil back in.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
seafoam rocks

used in bikes, quads, and various autos
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
The can says you can run some through the intake, some through the fuel and some in the oil. Make sure you change the oil very soon after running it, though. It seems to have worked on my old Benz.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
made my lawnmover run smoother and added about 10 HP lol

but really it did help. I only put it in the gas on my truck, mower,weed wacker.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
made my lawnmover run smoother and added about 10 HP lol

but really it did help. I only put it in the gas on my truck, mower,weed wacker.
damn! I never thought about my mower! It's 12 yrs old!