Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Engine Heaters interesting link

Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
That's something Yankees and Canucks use in Winter. Winter is when it's really cold. Cold is the opposite of where U R. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
What's an engine heater?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Black Rock Taco is on a distinguished road
Army: Nat'l guard medic and supply sgt.
Black Rock Taco's Tacoma Gallery
V-6 engine heater

Stock part is C0140-00889.
It slips into an existing hole in the rear of the 4.0 V-6 block. From what I've read, it's really that simple. Lube it, slide it in and zip-tie the plug wire where you want it. Google it, you'll find photos of where it goes.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to lube it and slide it into an existing hole in the rear. I'm not sure I want to zip tie it but that's just me. As far as bock heater, 2.7 doesn't have an existing hole. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rock Taco View Post
Stock part is C0140-00889.
It slips into an existing hole in the rear of the 4.0 V-6 block. From what I've read, it's really that simple. Lube it, slide it in and zip-tie the plug wire where you want it. Google it, you'll find photos of where it goes.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
I'd love to lube it and slide it into an existing hole in the rear.
Sorry- just thought that was a little too much to resist pointing at and laughing.
Don't worry about the Zip-Ties! Check THIS thread out! lol

Thanks for the PN Black Rock- I was wanting one for my 4.0L for ski trips. Sorry to thread jack but what temp do you guys plug them in at generally? In Farenheit.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Black Rock Taco is on a distinguished road
Army: Nat'l guard medic and supply sgt.
Black Rock Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Heater for ski trips

If it's just occasional ski trips, an adhesive mount oil pan heater may be good enough, and a LOT easier. Doubt you'll be skiing when it's 20 below!
If you have a 4 cyl, I think the only alternative is to put one in the block, requiring draining coolant etc.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, sweet- thanks! I will look into that! Easier is good