Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rockstars (18") with 285's and 3" toytech??

Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
BIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really nice
BIGDEZUL's Tacoma Gallery
Rockstars (18") with 285's and 3" toytech??

Could I fit the 18" rockstars on 285's with the 3" OME coil lift from toytech without MAJOR rubbing? Anyone have this set up? KMC's website says that it is a 0 offset and 5" backspacing.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You might need some different UCA's.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
BIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really nice
so if i went with a wheel that was 4.5" backspacing i wouldn't necessarily have to get new UCA's?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDEZUL View Post
so if i went with a wheel that was 4.5" backspacing i wouldn't necessarily have to get new UCA's?
That would be better
Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking on the same mod, I think you will have to also go with a lower aspect ratio on the tire, meaning a 60-75 on the sidewall size.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #6

At 3" lift, you still may want to consider aftermarket UCA's that will allow the alignment to be returned to spec.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
I thought you would say that. I'm gonna get UCA's down the road....after I finish saving for all the other crap I wanna do ...thanks fellas
Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
I'm so back and forth, i want the rockstars but i don't like the ideas of runnin spacers to get them
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
what do you need spacers for? curious?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
do avoid rubbing....the rockstars are 0 offset and 5" backspacing. Heard bad things about spacers like being unsafe....etc
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #11

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Tire rub?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
yea tire rub
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #13
Faskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really nice
Faskev's Tacoma Gallery
I ran rockstars (20X8.5 with offset of 10 and backspacing of 5.14) with the oem UCA's without a problem with a 275/60R20 tire (33's) Toytec ULK at 3". The alignment was out a bit but the truck drove really good. I put in LR UCA's a few months later and got the alignment back in spec (because I'm picky and knowing the alignment was out ate at me..lol). I think with 285's you are going to have rubbing no matter what unless you are only using a 31" tire. If you really want the rims then compromise on the tire width, that would be my advice.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #14

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like smaller tires would be a quick fix?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
With the wider tire you'll be rubbing on the stock UCAs and your camber will be off a smidge on your allignment. I know cause my allignment is kinda goofy right now with my 3" lift...just get the proper offset and backspacing with your new wheels and you'll be okay temporarilly
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 AM   #16
I don't care so much about the width of the tire, just want the 33" look. the tires i'm looking at are exactly 11" wide. Another tire i'm interested is 11.5" wide.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, just buy what you want and don't be in a hurry to make it work. Do the install when you have some free time... trim, cut, weld what you must... buy spacers, UCA's, etc... if needed. This way you get what you want and have a unique truck. I wouldn't have done it any other way!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
That's what i'm talkin about! I hear all kind of negative things about spacers, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the rockstars....I want a little tire sticking out.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Ok not to beat a dead horse, the tire is 275/70/18 (which is 11" wide) the rockstar wheel is 5" back spacing with 0 offset. I should have a small amount sticking out from the fender and barely clear the UCA right?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #20

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Go here post # 17 , there is a good look at a Tacoma with 18" rockstars

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...mc-wheels.html