1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Option Packages

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rowbra, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    rowbra

rowbra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma prerunner 4x2
    Hi Guys, really close to buying my 4x2 Double Cab Tacoma, probably in silver or white, my main question is the diff options packages Toyota offers , was leaning towards the TRD Off Road sport package, any pros and cons you guys can input on any package you own would be appreciated, is their an option provided I shouldn't do without, Pls chime in again thks for all the input:D

2. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    There is no Offroad sport package.

You get either the TRD Offroad, the TRD Sport, or an SR5, or no package at all.

3. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    The 'Off Road' and 'Sport' are two separate packages. Since it's an '09, mechanically the Off Road package will be superior since it has the eLSD and Locker. The Sport only has eLSD.

4. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    well it all really depends on what you are planning on doing with your truck. To spend the extra to get the offroad on a 2X4 has always seemed a little off to me. When its a 4x4 it makes a BIG difference though lol.

5. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    rowbra

rowbra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma prerunner 4x2
    Referring to the TRD Off road package then, will prob go on some small trails for some mountain biking , no serious off roading here for me and my family, thks again for all the replies, keep em coming:D

6. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    hmm well the locker does make a difference even on the 2x4 so it is really up to you. The sport has the limited slip which might be enough to get you around on the trails too

Products Discussed in

To Top