Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Time For a New Paint Job

Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Time For a New Paint Job

It appears that my paint is literally falling off on my truck. I showed Lents earlier today and he agrees that my paint is coming off. The bottom corner of the front passenger door has no paint at all, its not even blue Plus lents said my clear coat finish looks like shit. So now im looking around for paint shops instead of places to get my lift done at, its always one thing after another, also my temperature/compass gauge broke, Lents fixed it but it broke on my way back home...shit, Ill have pictures of my paintless corner on my door later
Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't you have your truck in a few months ago for damage repair? Did it come with any kind of warranty?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Didn't you have your truck in a few months ago for damage repair? Did it come with any kind of warranty?
I hit a deer not to long ago, but that was all front end damage, even then that shitty toyota bodyshop didnt do the best of job, they left a broken clip on one of my fenders so the front part of the passenger fender is flush with the truck and they put a nice long scratch on my grille surround. But i am convinced that my truck was in an accident before i bought her, im gonna ask the originally owner soon cause it sure looks like it was side swiped on the passenger side front fender area, the area at the beginning of the door and the rear of the fender, you know what im talking about right?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin723 View Post
Line X the rocker pannles and have it re clear coated youll be fine.
thats actually what my rocker panels are beginning to look like
Old 10-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Dont judge me
Justin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Justin
Justin723's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
thats actually what my rocker panels are beginning to look like
haha thats no good. i think your truck would look badass like that, plus dont ever have to worry about rocks chipping your paint
Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hit a deer not to long ago, but that was all front end damage, even then that shitty toyota bodyshop didnt do the best of job, they left a broken clip on one of my fenders so the front part of the passenger fender is flush with the truck and they put a nice long scratch on my grille surround. But i am convinced that my truck was in an accident before i bought her, im gonna ask the originally owner soon cause it sure looks like it was side swiped on the passenger side front fender area, the area at the beginning of the door and the rear of the fender, you know what im talking about right?
Yes, I do. If you need a fast fix, then sounds like Justin has the best idea...
Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Quote:
haha thats no good. i think your truck would look badass like that, plus dont ever have to worry about rocks chipping your paint
haha it would, and can you just think, not ever getting another rock chip or anything... that would be sweet

But for a paint job im trying to see if i can get a paint job like a BMW has, my moms x5 has a strong thick paint job, getting that for my truck would be great
Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
It appears that my paint is literally falling off on my truck. I showed Lents earlier today and he agrees that my paint is coming off. The bottom corner of the front passenger door has no paint at all, its not even blue Plus lents said my clear coat finish looks like shit. So now im looking around for paint shops instead of places to get my lift done at, its always one thing after another, also my temperature/compass gauge broke, Lents fixed it but it broke on my way back home...shit, Ill have pictures of my paintless corner on my door later
And to think my step-dad thought that Lents's paint was wearing off!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
And to think my step-dad thought that Lents's paint was wearing off!
Dude you shoulda seen it, its pathetic, and my temp broke again after Lents fixed it which he did a great job on, i guess the highway bumps re cracked it again
Old 10-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Yes, I do. If you need a fast fix, then sounds like Justin has the best idea...
that sounds like a great idea but could be costly..
Old 10-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Dude you shoulda seen it, its pathetic, and my temp broke again after Lents fixed it which he did a great job on, i guess the highway bumps re cracked it again
That's crazy. Your truck is just doomed haha.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
That's crazy. Your truck is just doomed haha.
i dont know what to do with her, i love her to death and shes a great pick-up but i blame toyota for going cheap on the paint, im actually gonna see if i can get a new paint job through my warranty, 3 or 5 year 36,000 mile, i have 34,925
Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #14

Quote:
i dont know what to do with her, i love her to death and shes a great pick-up but i blame toyota for going cheap on the paint, im actually gonna see if i can get a new paint job through my warranty, 3 or 5 year 36,000 mile, i have 34,925
They should, just take it in and show them.. and get them to fix the passenger side fender clip too. That's the only thign that worries me is that everything is going to start breaking right after I run out of the warranty.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Dont judge me
Justin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
haha it would, and can you just think, not ever getting another rock chip or anything... that would be sweet

But for a paint job im trying to see if i can get a paint job like a BMW has, my moms x5 has a strong thick paint job, getting that for my truck would be great

Haha BMW thats awsome. Im gonna do that to my first gen actually, its only gonna cost 400 for rocker pannles to be line X'd. As far as clear coat goes, ill probably just have maco shoot it 3 times. the thicker the better
Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
PLUS my hood shimmies like a mofo, on the highway i thought my hood was gonna blow off, i think the bodyshop messed up the areodynamics of my front end, its that or either those purdy big dents on my hood f***d it up
Old 10-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
Quote:
Haha BMW thats awsome. Im gonna do that to my first gen actually, its only gonna cost 400 for rocker pannles to be line X'd. As far as clear coat goes, ill probably just have maco shoot it 3 times. the thicker the better
dude no joke, those paint jobs are strong, you could throw a rock at a bimmers paint job and it would dent and most likely not scratch. im trying to aim for a whole new paint job for my truck
Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
Dont judge me

Army:
Quote:
dude no joke, those paint jobs are strong, you could throw a rock at a bimmers paint job and it would dent and most likely not scratch. im trying to aim for a whole new paint job for my truck
Lol you aint lying. Gonna be spendy but i getcha, however if you do go that route make sure to ask for an extra clear coat. It'll help keep the actuall paint from getting all jacked up.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
Quote:
Lol you aint lying. Gonna be spendy but i getcha, however if you do go that route make sure to ask for an extra clear coat. It'll help keep the actuall paint from getting all jacked up.
Will do man
Old 10-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #20
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PLUS my hood shimmies like a mofo, on the highway i thought my hood was gonna blow off, i think the bodyshop messed up the areodynamics of my front end, its that or either those purdy big dents on my hood f***d it up

You can adjust the height of the hood latch, too low the hood won't close and too high you get the problem you're having.