Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is end of model year best time to buy new?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
cycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to behold
cycledrum's Tacoma Gallery
Is end of model year best time to buy new?

Is September / October the best time to buy a new 08?

I'm guessing the 09 models are announced around that time, then dealers bargain to move the 08s.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
it seems to be that when you hear about the sales going on
Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
The best time is when they start getting the 09's on the lot, but at that point you have to stop being picky and may not get the exact model, color, trim pkg you want. If you're not picky then thats the best time. otherwise you should just constantly watch your local dealers and try to find good deals.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledrum View Post
Is September / October the best time to buy a new 08?

I'm guessing the 09 models are announced around that time, then dealers bargain to move the 08s.
The downside is that in a couple months it's already considered one year old. Plus, if you're waiting, you're not driving one.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, in a couple years it will be a year old, but if you are going to keep it a long time (well after it is paid off, who cares what year it is) and another thing, it will have low miles, when you've had it a year and 3 months, it will be "2" years old but only 15 months worth of miles.... and with tacoma's resale value being so high, condition of the vehicle and miles should out weigh 1yr diff. on the model....

i say go for the good deal and get what you want! they were running deals on quad cabs when i bought mine, so with the rebates, a quad cab was cheaper than my access cab, but that isn't what i wanted..... main thing is, get what you want and what is gonna make you happy.... paying that monthly payment as bad when you making it on something you want and like.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine last September and it was pre-marked down $3K from MSRP. That was a good place for me to start the negotiations. I honestly didn't show up at the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted, but when I saw this one, I LIKED IT. Now it's mine Penny pincher that I am, if this one hadn't already been marked down I probably would have gone for a less expensive model, however I'm happy with what I got (and I would have been pleased with an SR5 instead of TRD). So, in a way the dealer got what they wanted -- to upsell me, but I also got more truck for my money than I would have otherwise.

If you're a strong negotiator, any time of year can work. Personally, I'm not, so the closeout of old model year worked for me.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Ljack is right, make payments for what you want, not what you settle for.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
The downside is that in a couple months it's already considered one year old. Plus, if you're waiting, you're not driving one.
I got my mine new years eve of 06. So after 1 day of ownership it was 1year old.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
Funny, the Toyota dealers over here in Hawaii say that there is no room to negotiate. Even when you see then on sale in the paper, they are only marked down $500.

I bought my Pre Runner for 24.4k out the door (with a trade in). That with the msrp and thats the only thing that they were gonna let it go for!