LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Leaf TSB done Today

Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Toycoma06 will become famous soon enoughToycoma06 will become famous soon enough

Toycoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf TSB done Today

First and foremost I would like to thank all who enlightened and imparted your wisdom on me. I debated for months whether to get the TSB done or not. I would specifically like to thank KHFACTOR. This member is responsible for the ease in which I got the TSB done. He recommended that you get it done via the 1-800 number and I concur. It was as easy as 123 and I am super pleased.
I called the number 1-800-331-4331 they asked me a few questions. I gave them my info. Within 5 minutes of hanging up with the Toyota Customer service rep, Mechanicsville Toyota called to set it all up. The next day I brought it in they ordered parts and 4 days later it was completed. Like I said it truly was easy as pie. No hassles or anything. Start to finish from the time I called it took a total of 6 days. I brought it in at 10am I had it back home by 5pm. I was very happy with the process.
I didn't notice much difference in the ride itself. But it seemed to take the spongy, swaying feeling out.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I got the runaround at the dealership today when I asked about it in conjunction with my 5K mile service. The 800 number is in my future too.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Toycoma06 will become famous soon enoughToycoma06 will become famous soon enough

Hey Sawdust thats what the dealer did to me untill i called the 800 number. Once You call the number its a done deal.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going to have time to do this for a couple of weeks, but I would be interested in hearing a bit more. Is this number to complain that the dealership didn't address your concerns? Do you bring up the suspension TSB to the rep on the phone?

I get the impression that if Toyota had their way, we would not have copies of the TSBs in our hands.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I called the number. You should use it when you have problems with a dealer. Bring your truck into the dealer, complain about it and tell them you want the TSB done. They'll say "we need to check it out first." Let them, they'll probably order the parts after they have "checked" your truck. You'll have to bring it back in a week later when they get the parts in. So you don't waste a trip, ask them to tell you the part numbers that they got in. They put the original parts on my truck and I didn't notice until I got home!

If the dealer says no, then call the number and tell them to set it up for you.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Unapologetic Texan

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Maybe I'm willing to play nice guy too long, but I think I'll put together a nicely worded, but firm email to the service advisor I worked with and attach the TSB. I really didn't get a chance to push when I picked up my truck and they denied the TSB because I was in a hurry. If that doesn't work, then I'll give them a black mark with corporate.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I hadn't heard about that...I'd call the number then.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #9

Hey SAWDUST... thats what the dealer did to me first. They gave me the run around by saying. "we have to check into it, bring it in bla bla bla " So i called the magic "800" number and told the rep. what my truck was doing and that i thought a TSB was out for this problem. They asked me did i have the TSB # . SU006-07 and i said yes.Then they asked me for my Vin# to verify my truck and with a few more questions they gave me a case# and then it was pretty much all set up from there!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Glad that worked out for you toycoma...Sounds like the way to go about it.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycoma06 View Post
First and foremost I would like to thank all who enlightened and imparted your wisdom on me. I debated for months whether to get the TSB done or not. I would specifically like to thank KHFACTOR. This member is responsible for the ease in which I got the TSB done. He recommended that you get it done via the 1-800 number and I concur. It was as easy as 123 and I am super pleased.
I called the number 1-800-331-4331 they asked me a few questions. I gave them my info. Within 5 minutes of hanging up with the Toyota Customer service rep, Mechanicsville Toyota called to set it all up. The next day I brought it in they ordered parts and 4 days later it was completed. Like I said it truly was easy as pie. No hassles or anything. Start to finish from the time I called it took a total of 6 days. I brought it in at 10am I had it back home by 5pm. I was very happy with the process.
I didn't notice much difference in the ride itself. But it seemed to take the spongy, swaying feeling out.

Hello Toycoma06,

Glad that I could help you out. It's always nice to hear that someone was able to apply one's recommendation and obtain services rightfully and justifiably entitled from these dealerships. Afterall, we paid humongous sum for our trucks.

Now, you go out and help out, if you can, other members with similar problems by spreading the 1-800-331-4331 word of wisdom... Ha ha..

Enjoy your new firmer ride !!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I'm not real sure what you guys are talking about w/ this TBS thing but is it just for 4x4's. I have an 07 trd pkg 2 wheel drive w/ 5500 miles should I have it checked out ? thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
Master of the Universe
Flycatcher is on a distinguished road

Army: Platoon Leader, 2nd PLT Co A 1-128 Light Infantry
Flycatcher's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine done today. Contrary to apparently everyone else, the 1-800 number was completely useless. They told me to talk to a local dealer. I did just that and everything seems to have worked out fine. The truck sits about 1.5" higher now with the new 4 spring packs.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #14
pdxyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
pdxyota's Tacoma Gallery
MY dealer kicks ass, it was easy as asking for it. It cured the sway, the mushy rear end, the steering shudder, the allignment was a savior.

2.7L non-TRD, so I got 4 Bilstein shocks & 4-leaf pack. NICE!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #15
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycatcher View Post
I just got mine done today. Contrary to apparently everyone else, the 1-800 number was completely useless. They told me to talk to a local dealer. I did just that and everything seems to have worked out fine. The truck sits about 1.5" higher now with the new 4 spring packs.
Yes and No. The 1 800 didn't do anything. The service tech ordered the parts in the morning and the service manager called back that afternoon and reniged because of his warranty guy. Parts called 4 days later and said parts were in. Service still not allowed to do work. A month goes by and service manager calls and sets up a time. Love the difference which raised the rear only approx. .75" and nice firm but not harsh ride. Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" in the front to level it out are in my future when these get soft.