Notices

Post your access cabs in use!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Hi. My name is Gizzy.
gizzygone is on a distinguished road
gizzygone's Tacoma Gallery
Post your access cabs in use!

Hey guys,

I'm considering an access cab (Just because I like the look and feel of an extended cab) for my next truck. I just want to see if the access cab is at all useful (for dogs/gear/small people). So post pictures of your access cab in use if you have it!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
dogs/gear = great, people = terrible
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have taken many road trips in the back of an AC Im 6ft1in. My dogs (40lb aussie and a 70lb pit) ride back there daily and I keep all of my fire gear in there all the time.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Hi. My name is Gizzy.
gizzygone is on a distinguished road
gizzygone's Tacoma Gallery
You guys got pictures???

I'm curious about you Hoyal. I rarely have passengers in my jeep now (plenty of leg room... but no room for gear and people), but for some occasional trips (snowboarding, beach picnics) it would be nice to stick the women back there...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I can load the dogs up tomorrow and take some pics if I remember to before work. Its really not that bad I have gone like 4 hours in the back of my buddies and it was fine. I took a camping trip with some friends and I had 2 people in the back of my AC a big german shepard my pit and an AK47 on the floor(unloaded of course) but I cant say it was comfy but we did it..
Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
short trips its not bad. long trips... not so good. especially if you have a manual and your seat is all the way up... your clutching knee will great pretty sore...
i find as long as you stick a pillow behind your lower back its not so bad, because they are a straight 90degree seat they don't give any back support.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #7

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
short trips its not bad. long trips... not so good. especially if you have a manual and your seat is all the way up... your clutching knee will great pretty sore...
i find as long as you stick a pillow behind your lower back its not so bad, because they are a straight 90degree seat they don't give any back support.
You dont have the lumbar support?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Threadkiller
Monarch will become famous soon enoughMonarch will become famous soon enough

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
No pics but I recently had my ex-wife in the back to accompany me and the daughter to the Red Lobster for a birthday celebration.

No complaints other than that I wouldn't allow her to smoke back there.

I would imagine that my Taco AC rear jump seats are more comfortable than the ones in her Ford Ranger.

Yes she paid for her own meal.

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_tacoma.html
Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
If I can this weekend I'll take pics with my friend in the back on the way to Auburn, along with my 2 dogs, and some luggage... he won't be comfortable that's for sure but it's not a long trip.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
lol i wish the back seats had lumbar supports... well, i don't really care actually, cause i'm never back there :P
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #11

ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
No pics but I recently had my ex-wife in the back to accompany me and the daughter to the Red Lobster for a birthday celebration.

No complaints other than that I wouldn't allow her to smoke back there.

I would imagine that my Taco AC rear jump seats are more comfortable than the ones in her Ford Ranger.

Yes she paid for her own meal.

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_tacoma.html
!

red-lobster on king street? i would assume so since its the only one in kw...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #12

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol i wish the back seats had lumbar supports... well, i don't really care actually, cause i'm never back there :P
I was just kidding lol.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
Threadkiller

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Not on the rear seats. Drivers seat only.

Just a split second too late with my witty reply as usual.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Access cab is great for just me and a passenger. I keep my rear seats folded down and my gear in the backseat. Two toolkits, battery jump starter, tow strap, jackets, towels, a little water/food depending on what I'm doing, the laptops, ect. I'll get pics tommrow. I mostly consider my truck a two seater with a trunk and a bed. I use the backseat for people usually every weekend though... Usually its just me and two girls so room isn't too bad.

The longest trip I've made in my access cab with people in the back was from Ocala to Daytona... and then back four hours later (with us leaving for Daytona at 10PM, hahahaah). It wasn't comfortable for four adults but it worked cause it had to. Everyone fell asleep on the ride back (with the exception of me of course) but that also could have been because we had all worked a 10 construction shift earlier that day.. Nothing like getting off work and deciding to go to spring break
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I think the design is better than most extra/extended cabs. I have laided the rear seats down and sat/slept back there when the wife drives. Holds all the bags when we road trip and I like that the passenger seat folds forward to a little table, that way I can have a drink and tie my terminal tackle on the way to the beach when the wife drives.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #16
Threadkiller

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
!

red-lobster on king street? i would assume so since its the only one in kw...
Nope. King George Road in Brantford. The trip from Paris is about 18 minutes one way. Only one minor complaint when the kid reclined the seat a couple of notches. I hollered "Stifle" and that was the end of it.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
frankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura about

frankrizzo1's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest reason why I bought an access cab was because I prefer to drive with the seat tilted back more than the standard cab allows. The extra room in general doesnt hurt either!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
Threadkiller

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgnc64 View Post
I think the design is better than most extra/extended cabs. I have laided the rear seats down and sat/slept back there when the wife drives. Holds all the bags when we road trip and I like that the passenger seat folds forward to a little table, that way I can have a drink and tie my terminal tackle on the way to the beach when the wife drives.
Are you kidding me. I would have to be drunk to the point of being unconscious to want to sleep in the back of an Access Cab. Ahah I see.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #19

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
Are you kidding me. I would have to be drunk to the point of being unconscious to want to sleep in the back of an Access Cab. Ahah I see.
I have been that drunk and done that lol! Was not as bad as you would think.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #20
SYC TACO
VixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Victor
VixTacom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VixTacom
School bags for school, Duffle bags for stayin out over night, Hauling little Cousins around (age 6) is great

People, Suitcases, tool bags, and video equipment aren't the greatest