1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear bumper replacement ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ENDURE66, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Feb 6, 2008 at 5:31 AM
    ENDURE66

ENDURE66 [OP] New Member

Member:
    West Central IL
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD 4WD Sport Pkg 1
    Hello All,

Well I went and did it, my first dent...Owww. I wanted my first real post to be about a great thing I did with my new truck, but that is how it goes.

I backed into a sign in my work parking spot and put a small dent in my rear bumper. Now I intended to laugh off scratches and dents in time as it is a truck, but I am not even at 1K on the odometer. I have hauled firewood already so this is not just a commuter. I work at a High School and the auto body teacher said he can fix it in a day or two or just put on a new one in 1 day.

The thing is I wanted to replace the bumper with a more rugged and functional one, not to mention a cooler one ,down the road anyway. After searching some on the net, I only find a few so far and they are for rock crawling too specific for my use. I like the ones like Iron Pig, that have a jack holder and swing out, but don't see that for a Tacoma.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a better bumper for the 2008 Tacoma with the towing package? I will need to work around the receiver I imagine. How far can I go back and have it still fit 2007 or earlier?

BTW, I love my first Toyota and this site. I have learned a lot lurking, except how to back up. I better practice before hooking up my boat if a parking spot is challenging!

Thanks

2. Feb 6, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    I'm in the same boat. I have been thinking about fabbing my own rear bumper or having someone make it for me. Some of the guys in TTR have done this. Our monthly meeting isn't untill the 21st but i'll try to get some pics?

3. Feb 6, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    You might want to go to a local fab shop, if your going to spend that kind of money, might as well get it custom to your needs, not only that it keeps money in your community. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top